21st Bday Present

My customer's daughter turns 21 next week.  The customer was cleaning out her storage boxes this fall and found all of her daughter's little girl clothes.  She asked me to make a quilt from the clothes.   We picked a very simple pattern to keep the focus on the clothing.  The customer didn't want an all over pattern, so I pretty much put in everything but the kitchen sink including my first use of curved cross hatching in a block, several clam shell blocks, and lots of quiltazoid designs.  The non-overlapping egg/dart sashing ties things together.  I added a label on the back that has a picture of the daughter in one of the dresses and a note from her mom.  This is one where I really like the back better than the front.  We still have fabric left, so I will make a baby quilt for my customer to tuck away until she is a grandmother:)

The customer picked up yesterday and was thrilled.  She is meeting her daughter in Nashville this weekend to give her quilt.  I hope she sends me a picture of the daughter with her quilt.

post-3823-0-38136900-1391869160_thumb.jpg

post-3823-0-16342900-1391869178_thumb.jpg

post-3823-0-94850500-1391869207_thumb.jpg

That is a perfectly adorable quilt! I made one when I was first married out of a box of scraps that my mother gave me that were left over from clothes she had made us girls over the years. It includes satin from my sister's wedding dress and fabric from so many things that I remember. I did like a log cabin pattern. It is really neat looking at it and reminiscing. I haven't been on here for a while because I went to take care of my mother who has no internet. She got sick while I was there and then I came down with it too and brought it back to my husband. But I am back now.

Check out our quilt presentation boxes on ebay.

Archived