latest nude - picture

This is what I have been quilting. I got most of it done yesterday, it went surprisingly fast. It is done in about 4 shades of Madira Tanne. It is a lovely thin cotton thread which seems to have got very hard to buy :( I love it for this sort of quilt. There are close up pictures on the blong which show the background better.

Hope I haven't offended anyone or broken any rules.

Ferret

post--13461897969375_thumb.jpg

Ferret, beautiful job. The entire composition is excellent. This might sound funny but my eyes keep following along down her arm and finger tips and end up looking to the table that she's laying on and how you used the light and shadows to form the wrinkles in the linen on the table top. BRAVO!! So interesting. The depth and perspective you created with the wrinkles in the linen...well, it's intriguing.

This is a truly beautiful work of art, celebrating the grace of God's creation. You have captured it perfectly, Ferret! And I"m one of those who don't especially like nude art. I DO especially like this, though, as it does what I said above. I love the fingernails!

Hay Ferret

Sue Patten here typing from Claudia computer.... will you come to MQS this year??? It will be great to see you again!! Its a great show and you will meet lots of other quilters and see some stunning quilts. you should try to come and see your quilt hang!!! Its always nice to be there when they call out your name to go on stage and collect your prize... you should really be there because this is a winner !!!!

Still Crazy For Longarm Quiting.... Sue Patten

I am looking at getting to America for Houston, it's just a matter of finding the cash for the air fair.

Thanks for all the support for this quilt. I do worry that my nudes will offend, but I see them as much the same as the illustrations of flowers or animals. I am just showing peole the beauty of nature, which I am told is a good thing to be doing in art. It feels so good when peole see that not smut and ulteriour motives.

Ferret

Ferret - Another awesome work of art! Way to go!!! You just keep on doing

what you are doing - because the way we see it - you are doing something

right!!! Hope you do take a ribbon or two - very nice - good luck with it!

Oh - and if somebody doesn't like it - maybe they shouldn't click into a

topic with the heading "NUDE" in it...... you did warn

everyone right up front... literally!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived