New York Beauty Custom - Finished! Woohoo!

Just a little while ago finished up that beautiful New York Beauty my friend and client Darlene sent me to work on.  I know this is going in a show in May but I am not yet sure where...

15952937754_3eeb99690e.jpg20150218_170753 by Valerie/Pumpkin Patch Quilter, on Flickr

16574371552_b9a0f1f571.jpg20150218_170817 by Valerie/Pumpkin Patch Quilter, on Flickr

16388051880_03bbe6af0f.jpg20150218_170446 by Valerie/Pumpkin Patch Quilter, on Flickr

15955301293_91b8beb0a2.jpg20150218_170441 by Valerie/Pumpkin Patch Quilter, on Flickr

15952944454_016c1c07c9.jpg20150218_170432 by Valerie/Pumpkin Patch Quilter, on Flickr

Janice - thank you!!  You know what, I think some quilts just call for pantographs!  There is no shame in E2E and all over designs - shoot I do them all the time even though they don't always get the attention that custom work does.  But pretty much all of my more functional quilts or gifts get a panto or E2E!   :)

Teresa - Yes!  You know I was feeling a little self-conscious about it midway through this project...but I have come to the conclusion that I just prefer to do it that way.  I used exactly the same thread in the top and bobbin in all areas...the pink is Glide, the blue is Bobbin Line by Fil-Tec, and the creamy areas are also Bobbin Line.  I did try at first to tension it with cream Bobbin Line in the bobbin and matching shades on top...but every now and then the occasional top thread would show on the back AND bobbin on the front even though with two layers of batting I know my stitches were getting good and buried...I just don't like fooling with that high contrast difference...matching the threads top and bobbin while I was even more aware of every womp and wobble it was a lot less stressful for me to try and be very accurate with my stitching and backtracking than checking every stitch for a crazy spot where top thread showed!  LOL 

Absolutely stunning, Valerie. I can't even imagine how you know what to quilt, where. I have a quilt top I just finished for a June wedding gift, and all I can think to do is a panto!
Really beautiful work.
Janice

Did you match top and bobbin threads in each area?

I love this quilting.  I cheated and looked at the pictures on Facebook earlier.  You have done an awesome job.....as you always do.

Archived