My First Whole Cloth

Well this is the first time I am posting & the first Whole cloth that I have tried . I Got Renae's Ray's set , and just started playing . What fun! So I well try to post the picture of my quilt it's 44 x 44. I had alot of fun making this. But there is alot of room for impovement. I also have to say thank you for all the inspiration that everyone here gives . You all are great.

Marylyn

MLJQuilts@bresnan.net

Sewnsewquilting.com

post--13461898026626_thumb.jpg

Marylyn,

You may have problems with pictures - but not with quilts or Renae's products. Great job. I too am considering purchasing her Rays or Arcs, just don't know which ones to get - there are so many different sizes, how do you know which one to get?

Beautiful job, and just "playing"!!

Your quilt came out wonderful....................it is not so structured as many whole cloth quils and has a more fun playful feel to it..............I just love what you did!

As for deciding which of Renea's tools to get first. I had a customer (who is also a good friend) that wanted me to outline cirlces on her quilt and I had no idea how that was going to happen. I finally found the arc set online and realized that might work. Well I got the smallest of the sets as I needed the 19" inch one. Well let me tell you it was the prefect tool for the job.................no matter that the cost of the arcs put a serious dent in the money I will make on the quilt. Now I am dreaming up other things I can do with my arc set......................my set goes from 12" to 23".

Ever since I first saw the rays I knew I wanted them...............they are still on my list of things I want!

Droooooooollllllllllll............ Here I go again. WOW, Marylyn!!! Double WOW!!!!!! (had to double the exclamation points too). I am so out of words for these quilts. But I have to say something about this one. Golly gee willikers!! Eyeballs now rolling on floor.

What a beautiful first wholecloth quilt. No one would ever GUESS you'd never done one. Be very proud of yourself, ok? Congratulations!!

Oh my, that is stunning. It knocks my socks off. I love the center with the concentric feather wreaths and echo.

Those feathers are so different, they draw my eye...not formal but not funky. You invented a new feather!

And I also like the use of the ribbon candy spine or separator. I see the arcs in the corners. I don't

have Renae's arcs.

I first saw Renae's Rays in a Myrna Ficken class in Salt Lake City. Renae came with her award-winning quilt

Radiance of the Son which was still a work-in-progress at that time, it was all marked up. But you could see

the work from the rays and the promise of what would be quilted later. I bought the rays on the spot. I

bought the small ones. I hate to admit it but I have not even tried to use them.

Marilyn - what did you use to mark the rays and feathers? Did you use chalk, Marvey, Mark-b-gone,?

Well I have to say I had a ball Quilting this.

I did all my circles and lines first then,

the rest was all free hand work .

I used a chalk pencil to do my markings.

Thank you for looking and sending your comments.

Marylyn Jones

Sew n' Sew Quilting

Grand Junction, Co

sewnsewquilting.com

Fantastic contemporary design Marylyn. Cathey and I took Karen's course last month.

My cloth is still folded. How about yours Cathey? The pictures above are very inspiring.

I'm glad that you made a mistake in posting a picture because I could see the detail.

You're an inspiration Marylyn. Love your background fill around the diamonds.

Vicki

Marylyn, your quilt is beautiful!!! I can't believe it is your first whole cloth quilt.......but then I haven't tried one yet. Scared ......I guess....someday I hope to take a class or get enough guts to try. But yours is simply wonderful .......I love it!!! Great job!

Archived