Tumbling Cubes

This quilt was a bit of a challenge for me.  The customer wanted it very modern with straight lines, but not very much quilting.  And she didn't want the quilting to be the star of the quilt.  She definitely wanted me to change fillers throughout the quilt.  I would have liked to do the fillers a little bit denser, but didn't think that is what she wanted.

post-1688-0-69103800-1468590541_thumb.jpg

post-1688-0-36083800-1468590573_thumb.jpg

post-1688-0-56865900-1468590615_thumb.jpg

post-1688-0-85501100-1468590636_thumb.jpg

Jill:

I think it looks lovely.  I like the hidden cubes you quilted.  The line work looks outstanding and make that side pop.  Your modern meander goes well.  I think you should be proud, as I am sure she will love it.

Cagey

Great job on the quilt......"BUT"....The customer wanted it very modern with straight lines, but not very much quilting.  And she didn't want the quilting to be the star of the quilt.  She definitely wanted me to change fillers throughout the quilt.  (That would have put me on valium.  LOL)  You pulled it off though.  Excellent

Thanks everyone for the input. I'm glad ya'll liked the ghosted cubes. It feels good to have the reassurance that I was on the right path. (Even if I wasn't really happy with how the fillers turned out)

My customer seemed really happy though, so it all ends well!

Archived