Well...that's done it...

Hi Just wanted to share that I ordered a Millie from Sue Morris today. (be still my heart).

After enquiring about the Liberty's quilting space here a little while ago, things at my house kind of fell into place in the last two days (hubby's acceptance that this is okay to happen now and not in, oh, say 10 years time).

Anyway the fun begins in about 3-4weeks.

Such good advise....your normal of today, is now a gone moment. You need to get your other family members bushed up on can opening skills....because your cooking skills will no longer be a every day event...a hot meal could become a rememberance so they had better enjoy the few days left.

Congrats....now breathe.

Rowena, Rowena! What have you done!!!!

You've started a journey that will give you hours and hours of enjoyment,

and pride in your workmanship...start thinking of things that you can put on the machine for "PRACTICE" pieces. I used cheater fabrics alot when I

first got mine...if you put in a 90" piece and "quilt" it, then cut it into 4 quarters..you've got 4 small quilts for lap quilts for the elderly or baby quilts for some charity. I used a Sunbonnet Sue print and it turned out so

cute and I got pretty good driving this thing. Mine is called Millie Rose...

and I'll have her paid for when I'm 72 y/o...for real! ENJOY! ML in Mo.

Congratulations. YOu are in for a wonderful dance.

Just remember, sometimes our dancing partner steps on our toes and causes a "tension" headache LOL. but just keep dancing and have fun and be sure to breath. I still find myself lightheaded sometimes cause I am not breathing. oh yea, and watch out for bite marks on your tongue if you are like me and stick your tongue out if you are concentrating really really hard.

LOL Bekah, honey you crack me UP!! ;)

Rowena, congratulations on a new adventure full of hills and valleys and much fun. May most of your adventure be on the very tippy tops of the hills! :) You've got a great support group here to help you navigate through the valleys and back up on the hills again. :P

Oh Rowena,

I too remember the "What have I done?!" moments, but they pass the minute your baby arrives, and you get to start having all the fun the rest of us already are. Bekah's right, there are tension moments in every relationship, but I hope that you guys will be able to quickly sort them out.

Beth

Hi Rowena,

Congrats!

I got my Millie 3 years ago today, and I have loved every minute of it! I was happy to realize that the literature I got when I was researching my purchase "you can pay for your machine the first year..." was true! I've just booked my 710th quilt and it seems like business is still picking up - even with the dire straits Michigan is in right now. I love working at home, contributing to my family financially and doing something that I find great fun. And even though sometimes I think I work too much, I can quit anytime I want, right????

Crystal in MI

http://community.webshots.com/user/longarmlyrics

Thank you for all your support and lovely comments. I've been researching machines on and off for a few years now and know I've made a good choice. Have been quilting on a Brother PQ1500s and a frame I made myself up till now, so am not so concerned about actually using the machine. It's the interpreting what's the best way to quilt something that concerns me. However, I'm sure that time and practice will fix that.

Bye for now!

Originally posted by Chattykathy

Rowena,

Have you named baby yet? My millie is named after my grandma who was a quilter... :P

No haven't done that yet. My Grandmother did many things, dressmaking, knitting, tapestry and quilting.

This is a quilt she did by hand.

http://www.collectionsaustralia.net/nqr/result.php?ID=1044&restype=t

I hesitate to name my machine after her as my 6yo has been given her name (second name) and my get a little confused.

Will wait until later.

Archived