New Machine Comes Thursday

Cheryll

I am so excited. I have paid for a professional set up. I'd love to hear your comments on how difficult it really is to set up the machine and get it all going. I'm scared not to have them do it. But I'd love to spend that 500 on the down payment on a Circle Lord. Ha Ha Cheryll

Cheryll, I know you are excited. You are going to have a blast. How long did it take you to sell your Ultimate II? I have had a bit of interest on my Ultimate I but nothing serious yet.

I think it is wise to pay for the setup. That way you know that everything is done correctly. You are going to have so much fun.

Hi Cheryl,

Congratulations on your new machine's arrival! You are going to have so much fun! How exciting!

Suggestion: I would have it set up. You will gleen so much useful information from having the rep.(s) come and set up the machine. Not saying it can't be done on your own---but, at this point and considering the expense and time you have invested so far into the purchase of this new system ---I would spend the extra money for this service.

Cheryll,

I paid for set-up and it was well worth the money. They will have it set up in no time because they have done it many times before. The time that will be saved on you not having to do it yourself can be used for practice on your new "toy". They will also give you tips and they won't leave until you feel comfortable. If there are any problems they will be able to catch them right away and take care of them. There will be no guessing on your part. Relax and have fun. I've just had my Millie since May and I'm still learning and still so excited and having so much fun.

Raggie;)

Hey Miss Cheryl,

The $500 is WORTH it. Richard (the homemade technician) did a wonderful job, however, it was when he could find a spare moment and it took the full weekend and thensome!

I am SO excited for you - you will love it!!

I have made a nice home for my FREEDOM, a dedicated room, that I find hard to leave!!! The heck with the rest of the house :)!

Didn't MQS change our lives for the better!

Hawaii Barbara

I'd spend the $500 on tools!!! It was very easy to set up. My husband was out of town and I couldn't wait for his return :P I had the millie put together (by myself) in a few hours. The hardest part being by myself was getting the legs onto the table. I had to put one side of the table up on a stool (but I would recommend a sawhorse) while I attached the leg on the other side. The rest was not bad at all. I would recommend going through the manual first though.

The instructions for set up are fairly well written. My 20-year-old son wanted to do it by himself. Now, because he knows how it all goes together, any time I need an adjustment here or there, he knows exactly what to do. Of course, I've learned along with him, but he still likes to be in charge of the "mechanics of set-up" on Mom's longarm! Spend the money on the CL or threads!

BTW, it took him about 6 hours to put it together following the instructions in the manual (we didn't have a video). He thought he could've improved on the instructions with a few more photos. And, of course, he's a "male", so he wouldn't hurry for diddly! But he did it all by himself & was rather pleased when it was all together & running properly!

Pat

AZ:cool:

Mille

I did most (probably 95%) of the install all by myself, except DH helped with the legs and rollers as they are heavy. It wasn't too bad;;;just took time but it was a good learning experience for me. The manual was well written and good photos. However, I can also see the benefit of having someone else install it for you (time involved) and then I think you also get a "introduction" class on how the machine works, too. So, the $$ spent is probably a good investment. Either way is fine and both have their advantages. In the end, though, you have a NEW machine you get to play with. YAAAY!!!:P

My husband set mine up (I got my Millennium used a few hours from where I lived). The lady had it set up wrong in her house, didn't know that before we picked it up. My husband was the one who took it down, he wanted to see how it was put together. He knew what was wrong with it when he was taking it down (how I do not know). He apparently put it together perfectly as it runs great and the local APQS dealer came by my house to check it out and she said it looked perfect. Also the lady we got it from told me her stitch regulator wasn't working, my husband somehow got it to work the first time I tried it and I haven't had a problem with it since.

He also put the soft mount on (and didn't seem to look at the instructions) as well as other little things I wanted either fixed or added (like a light he added to my machine that he bought from Ikea). I could have figured some of it out myself but I play stupid and it works for me. :P

But......I would say, if your husband isn't mechanically inclined, pay for someone to set it up.

• 1 month later...

Hi Cheryl,

Last month I had my husband and dad put my new Freedom SR together, it took them just under three hours. (Amazing what a good meal will get you ;)). I have been happy "learning" since. I own an embroidery business and this is an added joy to the business. Having commercial embroidery equipment background made it easier; I got the tensions set first try out and was quilting a small quilt for my son to take to daycare in a short time.

Cheryll:

I agree with all of the differing opinions out there: If you are mechanically inclined you could do it, though having some help is nice, but I could see if you aren't or just don't want to do it, then by all means, have it done by someone else. My DH put mine together in a few hours, with me as gopher and helper and it's doing great! Congrats!!

Archived