Popular thread colour.....

SandraC

Hi there....

I'm just quilting away this morning and realized that I'm getting low on PolyQuilter #322 "Pumpkin". I haven't had this thread all that long so it made me realize just how popular this colour has been. It runs from cream to golds to brown. It has looked fantastic on anything I've used it on.

Hope it's ok to plug something like this. No affiliation. I just think it's good to pass along something that has been a good thing.

Have a good day (woohoo, first day of school, back into a routine again!)...

Sandra

Hi Sandra,

I don't have any PolyQuilter thread as I prefer So Fine. But I do have one spool of Signature thread called Mother Goose. This color might not look all that appealing on the spool, a brownish tone, but it is a great thread that seems to blend in with quilts that have so many other colors going on.

Char

I have a cone of PolyQuilter Pumpkin ~~~ just haven't used it yet. Now I can't wait to pull out the quilt it is intended for!

Lately, I've been using a lot of So Fine #405 Cashew...a nice light neutral. In fact, I used it on this quilt.......it blends well with the really like fabric yet looks great on the darker fabrics, too.

post--13461898462202_thumb.jpg

Everyone in this group has been an inspiration to ME. I can't begin to tell you how many of your webshots photos I have perused and saved!

It feels good to be someone's inspiration!

Credit goes to Suzanne Earley for her Meandering Magic technique.....

And, thanks, ramona-quilter, for the complement!

Thanks, Shana......very kind words.

I freehanded the spine first - no marking. Actually, I did it in sections, first quilting the spine in the available area, feathering up one side til the end and then coming back with feathers on the other side. Makes for some wonky feathers! Then I rolled the quilt and did the next section.

After I finished the quilt, I purchased Suzanne's two books and found out how she does it. I'm doing it on a quilt now and let me tell you ~ much easier!

Give it a try! It a really fun technique!

OK, thanks for the advice. I am going to buy Susanne Earley's book. I think I need to buy a new book case to hold all the stuff I have collected...LOL! :P (books are my weakness..that and patterns) I'll never live long enough to make all those things from all of my books & patterns, but I sure love to get inspired and drool over the beautiful samples in the books, any way...

Laurie,

Thank you for the WHOLE picture! WOW - gorgeous!!

And thank you for sharing the technique for your feathering. Do you have the SR on or off when you are quilting this?

Like I said in an earlier post - my feathers look great on paper.....but lose something in the translation to fabric!:o

I am ready to load two practice pieces at one shot on the machine, and you have inspired me to PPP my feathers! My SR is still on the fritz (Amy is helping us with that), but manually the machine is working PERFECTLY!

Aloha and best regards...

Hawaii Barbara

APQS Freedom

Barbara - I used the SR so I can stop and see where I need to go next.....very helpful but not totally necessary. I think it can be done without.......

On paper, I am terrible! I do much better on the fabric.....don't know why. But, I'm glad!

Good luck with your machine and getting it squared away. I love mine!!!!

Archived