I finally got my studio together

PattyJo

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Laurie,

My room is 14 x 18, there isn't actually room for my DM that I use for piecing, it is in an adjoining room, the DM that is in the pics is my old Riccar that I now use for winding the bobbins for my Milli as it is the same size and much faster. If you want your DM in the same room, I would add some to those deminsions.

I got the tray last year at Innovations from "http://www.patternman.com/ " I went to the web site and now they are clear. Works great for doing laser work from the front of the machine. And when I'm not doing that I can keep my tools on it so that I don't roll them up onto the take up roller!

How exciting for you to be designing a new home. I'll bet you can't wait to get it finished. Our new home was built in the late 70's and this room, a bathroom and another room were added on about 5 years ago. This room was why we purchased this house. There are many items in the house that we will have to updating in the next few years but this room sold the house. You will be moving into a new home so shouldn't have a long list of things to do. I wish you the best on your designing.

Hi Patty Jo,

What a great room. I love all the natural light you will get in the room. With the views out of the window, I don't see how you could bored.

Thanks for sharing. I love looking at other peoples studios and dream of the day when I can design my own rather than force fitting a room.

Char

Hi Pat,

Gosh I'm envious! While I love my studio, I'm in the basement, and have a whole two windows. Of course, it's cooler there in the summer than up in my second floor sewing room.

You've waited a long time for this lovely space, and I hope that you are able to spend as much time as you want up there.

Beth

the room I am designing will be around 17 x 20. Do you think that is big enough? I will have my LA as well as all my other quilt making stuff.......dsm, cutting table, ironing station, etc. I will also have a huge closet.

Since my room is in the front of the house, opposite the dining room, I really had to pay attention to proportion in size. My dining room will be about 14 x 17 - I have a huge table.

I will also have lots of windows and a door out to the side porch.....

I love looking at other people's sewing rooms....and I really envy those with an entire addition to the house, basement, attic, etc. We thought about having an outbuilding for me but I really just want to be IN the house...so I am willing to work within a limited space.

Good job on your studio, Patty Jo. And thanks for the info on the tray. I'm off to Innovations on Tuesday so I'll keep my eye out for them.

Well, I didn't realize that we have 2 Beths here, Beth L & Beth D. You guys are keeping up with the Linda's ! :)

The panto hanger is an idea that Linda A gave to me when I was down at her shop for my Beginner Lesson in Corvallis. It is a hanging shoe bag with both ends open. (I though that a larger pocketed one would be great for handbags in my closet) anyway, it has a hanger at the top with a swivel hook, so I got one at our local drug store (Rite Aid - $5.99) and hung in on the wire cubes. I had it lower, but the long rolls (GoldenThreads paper, stabelizer, interfacing's) kept hitting me in the head. I'll try and take a pic of just the hanger and get it posted later.

I love my trees around the house, but believe it or not we are in a 1970's neighborhood where the lots are a bit bigger and all those trees (or most of them) are planted on the property lines. But it also give me the feeling of being in the trees which I LOVE. Yes, God has been good to us and we know that we have been blessed with this house.

I'll go and get a pic to post.

Great room. It reminds me a lot of Noreces, with that beautiful view. I don't have any windows in my sewing room. It's in the very center of the house. Also, serves as the safe room when tornadoes come through.

You must tell me your secret for posting more than one picture in the same posting. I really need to be able to do that. I post so many pictures, probably way more than you all want to see.

Hi Teresa

Well, I think that I've now got it committed to memory - opps what was I saying,..... Oh yea, I think I have it now.

I'm just editing my post taking out my explenation and here is what Linda S said that clicked with me & it is -

"When you're typing along in your reply box, you'll see the little icons above it for bold, italic, underline, etc. There is one that looks like a little picture postcard of a yellow sky with a little mountain and a stamp up in the corner. If you roll your mouse over it, it says "insert a picture." It needs to be a picture that has an http:// address, meaning that you have to have it on a web page somewhere. Just click on that icon and insert the web address and up it comes! Give it a whirl and let me know if you need more help.

Linda "

I knew if I looked hard enough I would find it.

Hey Patti Jo, all i can say is WOW!!! That is one beautiful and airy room, i don't know how often i would want to leave it...you are really lucky! the outdoors really comes right in! I have a really pretty room in my basement..very bright but am nudging my hubby to put in large egress windows and a retaining wall to bring in an outdoors kind of feeling...we'll see.....Congrats to you!!! Denise in Wisconsin

Archived