how would you quilt this?

I think it needs something circular. I would do an all-over since all of your fabric is busy and I don't know that the quilting will really show. If you don't like circular then what about trying to give it a 3'd look by quilting boxes, remember how we used to doodle cubes when we were kids? Maybe it would look like you were crawling into your quilt!

Heiid

Curves would would really soften this angular quilt. If I had

the CL swirl template, that is what I would use. Since I don't

have it yet, I think that I would go with Sharon Spingler's

Spiral Path.

Please post a photo when you are done. Lot those pictures of quilts.

What color thread will you use? I'm thinking that I would use lime green.

Eye popper. And what does the back look like?

Wow-

I guess I am the only one who would use straight lines-kind of outlining- not echo the shapes and not in the ditch but straight lines in the middle of each pieced area. In the centers I would quilt a center "brick" sort of. I would also use a bright color but not a verigated-why use that most colors wont show anyway.

Patty

Flower boxes? That is what I said to myself when I saw this top--it looks like a bunch of boxes that flowers live in. Maybe SID around the boxes to set them off. I'm just thinking out loud here... do some different freehand flowers like daisies, roses, different flowers like tulips, sunflowers...some with fat petals, some long skinny, etc. maybe some ferns and leafy vines, maybe some swirly curly thingies, maybe a dragon fly or bee buzzing in there some spots to make it fun.... I guess it depends on how much time you want to spend on the quilting, since it's your quilt you can really have fun with this quilt. Go for it. Quilting makes the quilt and this one has mega potential, I think! :)

I think this quilt, which is simply lovely, needs the swirls (CL fan here, too) or something circular to offset the angular design. I think with this quilt, less is more - anything more detailed would get lost in the overall design.

Please show us pics when you've got it done!

Carolyn

it came to me today what i'm going to do....i'll post when i get it done...thanks for all the suggestions. if it comes out anywhere close to what i see in my head, i'll be pleased. i took a little bit of everyone's ideas and rolled them all up into a design with a buggin' twist....

*zzzzzzzzz*

off to buy batt

Archived