New projects

Been away for awhile. Just recovering from surgery on 11/28. Been catching up on the post. Between being sick before hand and Thanksgiving Holiday, I haven't been sewing and quilting much. I did get some Christmas presents done before the surgery and the house decorated for Christmas, as I knew I would be unable to after. Got outside for a short walk today and hoping to be back in the car by the weekend. Put my grandson's quilt on the rack today. Hopefully I can peck away at it a little each day and have it ready for Christmas. Attaching a pictures of some of the presents I've made and decorations. Merry Christmas to all in case I don't have time to write again before.

post--13461898828312_thumb.jpg

Jeannine, First I want to wish you a quick recovery and second, I love your projects that you have made. I love the Santa & Reindeer. You should have some very happy recipients of these gifts. I remember trying to recover from surgery and I laid on the couch thinking I\'ll get up and do stuff only to find that my energy was gone in 5 min. Take it easy and listen to your body. Now is the time to do some reading that you\'ve been wanting to do & let people wait on you. Merry Christmas to you also & I hope you can relax thru the process.

My goodness!!

Well, firstly, let me say I\'m glad your surgery went well, and you are up and around again. Be careful not to over-do it!!

Secondly, I loved all of your pictures! I love stained glass as well, so those were a treat!

What is the pattern for the Santa and reindeer? I love that one, too!

All of your fabric choices were perfect.

Hope you have a Merry Christmas, and a quick recovery, too!

First, thank you for your well wishes and yes I will listen to my body. It is true, energy is almost zero. Not doing much but reading and a little cooking. Mostly letting my hubby (dr. Paul) take care of me. He is great!

Cathy, the santa curtain actually is suppose to be a table runner. But it was to large for my kitchen counter so I added a piece about 6" on either side and made it a curtain for the living room. It is a Mount Redoubt Design and their website is www.mrdquilt.com. It was a fun and easy project. I quilted an all over freehand swirl pattern in silver mettalic thread. I quilted it on my regular machine.

Thank you again for your well wishes and comments. Jeanne...the butterfly finishes at about 24" square and the moose is a bit larger. The butterfly was an actual pattern I picked up at a quilt show, the moose was taken from a free stained glass pattern website and I enlarged it to the size i wanted. They are really a lot of fun..not hard, but time consuming. I do everything but the sewing while I\'m watching tv. I have a huge light box made out of a big cardboard box with a light stick inside and a glass top.

I will keep the butterfly up all winter long to remind me that spring is never far away, I too am from the Northeast snow belt and the winters can be very long.

Hello, I Simply love your valance/curtain.. and found myself holding my breath when I first saw the butterfly.. would Love to do that one, several times over..

Moose is cute too... Great job on all.

May your healing be speedy and complete.. prayers..

Thanks for sharing.

RitaR

Archived