Laurel Burch Mystical Horses

I just finished this one for a regular customer. She made this on-point quilt for the lady who feeds her horse. The back is lime green dimples.

I used Norma Sharp\'s variegated Shell Block set because it reminded me of horse hooves. I drew the horse head using the fabric as a reference and enlarged it to fit in the white blocks. I free-mo\'d the borders and used extensive SID on borders and blocks.

I tried a new thread, gold sparkly, from Rheingold that I got from Colombia River. Love it. It handled very well. Spring green Perma Core on the bottom. Batting is Quilter\'s Dream Puff.

There are more photos on my blog.

mc-corner2.jpg

mc-block.jpg

I was so confused! Everyone kept saying how great the horse head was and I kept scrolling back up to the picture and scratching my head and saying, There is NO horse head! After looking and relooking, I finally saw your blog site and went there. NOW, I can say, that horse head is wonderful! By the way, the frogs on the corners of the frog quilt are pretty great, too.

From The nimnal who takes twice as long to catch on as the rest of the folks, Viki

Archived