Round robin white elephant swap

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sandra, You are the next stop for the east coast box! I also have you on my list for the friendship block swap so I will make sure to include your block in the box. Still have a few more of those to complete. There are two stops in PA. then off to Ohio. These swaps are alot of fun, we need to get a round robin going. DB

Hi DB,

Thanks for the update on the box. Now I am totally excited - the East coast box and a Friendship block at the sme time. Yippee!

PS-For others reading this, I have 4 more Friendship blocks to finish and I will take them all to the post office at the same time. Hopefully, that will be by the end of March.

Hi All,

The box arrived in Philadelphia this afternoon. WOW! What a lot of goodies to look through. It was so funny...I was at Water Babies with my little granddaughter when the box was delivered. My husband brought it into the house and as he set it down on the kitchen table the chicken squawked. He said he jumped a mile! HA,ha,ha. He couldn\'t wait until I got home to have me open the box so he could see what made the noise. That was almost as much fun as looking through the rest of the things. I guess that\'s just my warped sense of humor. LOL.

Anyway, I removed a book and 2 patterns (bottom row), and put in 3 patterns, a wall hanging kit with the pattern, 3 spools of metalic thread, and a little purse sized tsssue cover that I made (top row).

I especially loved reading the journal. That was such a wonderful idea to include, complete with a typed list of the destinations. This box was really so well organized, I have to say I am very impressed!

Sandy

post--1346189937806_thumb.jpg

NW box from Sewhappy arrived in Or on Friday , what fun . I got home late from quilt retreat , so spent today unpacking [retreat stuff ] going through the box so much fun . What a great idea . I really enjoyed doing this .

Really enjoyed reading where its been and all the comments you all have written .

Mail does not move at all from here on the weekends so will have it all ready to go on Monday morning just happens the LQS where I work is right next to the post office . ;)

It will be heading to the Portland area . Be on the look out :D:

Sorry everyone!!! I\'m the hold up in PA. I may not be able to get the box to the post office until Saturday morning. It is closed when I go to work and closed when I leave work, and I only get 1/2 hour lunch, so there\'s not enough time to get out and back in 30 minutes. I\'m so sorry for the delay, but at least you all know it isn\'t lost. I WILL mail it on Saturday.

Coleen, Why are you apologizing? I understand how exciting it is. I\'m sorry if you felt my answer was abrupt. That\'s one of the problems with typing instead of talking. At least we know that Sandra will be mailing it to OH on Saturday, so it should be to you by the end of April I\'ll bet.

I\'m beginning to wonder if the boxes are really going to make it to all their destinations by December. Seems like maybe not.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived