Round robin white elephant swap

I am in Philadelphia, so the East coast box will be coming my way soon. Just an FYI- I will be on vacation (visiting Shana and a few other friends in beautiful Alaska) from 2/22/08 through 3/3/08. My husband will be at home, so if the box arrives during that time, it will be safe and secure until I get home.

I am really looking forward to getting it.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saundra, I might be wrong, but I have been keeping track of the travels of these boxes and I don\'t have Texas on my list as one of the stops. If I\'m right the stops are as follows, East coast box: TN, FL, NC, VA, MD, NY, MA, PA, OH, MI, IN, IL,MO,IA, NE, MN, CO,OR, MT, CA, WA, AK, then back to TN. This box is at the last stop in VA and will be headed to MD. The west coast box is traveling in the opposite direction starting in AK. I believe it is currently in CA and will end up in AK. DB

Judi-Thanks for the good wishes. I\'m sure we will be sharing some pictures with everyone on the post here.

I\'m just reading the list of stops for the box that DB posted. If the box is leaving MD and going to NY, MA and then PA, I will probably be just getting back by the time I receive it. I didn\'t want to delay the box, but I think it will arrive at a good time.

I am adding 2 friends that I hope make the rounds for Shana and Teresa!!:P;):P

Please add their pics so that we can see their travels as the boxes travel the country. I know they missed some of the stops but they still have a long way to go before they make it to their new homes. :D;)

Can you guess which one goes to which quilter????!!!!;);)

post--13461899194883_thumb.jpg

If you have been following the messages posted here the past few weeks, then you know that the west coast Box #1 was sidetracked for awhile due to Merry Jo\'s post office in Aptos, CA giving the box to another person by mistake at the front desk, (Merry Jo has a PO Box address)--- and the person refusing the box, and the post office did not attempt to determine any other reasons for the refusal, and it was sent back to me. It has been a confusing.

Anyway, I have resent it as of today, Feb. 19th, back to Merry Jo. I have emailed her that the box is on it\'s way.

Hopefully, it will not have anymore problems moving around the USA. :)

:)

I\'ve been reading top of the list topics on the forum today---boy, is it the weather or the moon, or the water---but, some topics are grumpsville.:(

Anyway, I thought I would bring this fun topic up to the top again and ask about where the "Boxes" are.

I sent out the west coast box #1 to Merry Jo on Tuesday. She should have it by now---or at least today.

Any news on Boxes?

And those stuffed animals are too cute! :) what a great idea!

The East Coast Box has arrived in Maryland!! Yippee!! What a wonderful prize on such a cold and dreary day!! The mail lady informed me that the box makes a funny noise every now and then? Whats that all about? lol Cant wait to open it up!!

Thanks for letting me play!!

Beverly

Hi all! Yes, the Post Office managed to give the box to ME this time. I have since sent it on to the next person on the list (Jen in Gilroy) so the West Coast box is on the move. I guess my screaming meltdown at the Post Master did some good. At least they ask for I.D. now if they don\'t know you. They don\'t ask for mine...They all know me now.:mad: They did ask my DH for his I.D. ha-ha....I\'m still trying to find 2 of the returned packages. The rest I\'ve finally caught up with. You think when the person they hand the mail to refuses a bunch of stuff \'they didn\'t order\' it might clue the clerk in to double check the name. Not in Valley Center! I can deal with slow...but I have a huge problem dealing with incompetence. Enough venting..waiting for the next one!

Hi all! Yes, the Post Office managed to give the box to ME this time. I have since sent it on to the next person on the list (Jen in Gilroy) so the West Coast box is on the move. I guess my screaming meltdown at the Post Master did some good. At least they ask for I.D. now if they don\'t know you. They don\'t ask for mine...They all know me now.:mad: They did ask my DH for his I.D. ha-ha....I\'m still trying to find 2 of the returned packages. The rest I\'ve finally caught up with. You think when the person they hand the mail to refuses a bunch of stuff \'they didn\'t order\' it might clue the clerk in to double check the name. Not in Valley Center! I can deal with slow...but I have a huge problem dealing with incompetence. Enough venting..waiting for the next one!

Archived