Round robin white elephant swap

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep---it was meeee! The precious box arrived minutes ago and I am looking at the goodies. I have my replacement items ready and will jet this out on Monday! Thanks Shana for the fun choices.

And Teresa--you are an inspiration to me to be more organized!! The box contains a journal with places to write what you take and add, plus a comments spot. She also included a list of participants with addresses AND printed stick-on mailing labels for both the sender and the destination. This will be too easy!! You boggle the mind!

Guess who\'s next??? Somebody in Washington, but far away over the mountains!

There are two boxes making the rounds. One starts at the top of Teresa\'s geographically-sorted list and one starts at the bottom. So... the boxes should cross paths somewhere in the middle of the list. Theoretically, someone on the middle of the list and in the middle of the country could have two boxes at once!! I just got one from Shana and when the second box gets to me I will be sending it to Shana. I hope I explained that correctly.

The good news is to get ready for the box I went through tons of patterns, books, drawers, closets, etc. to find some goodies for the box.

The bad news is I found tons of potential projects, patterns, tools, yadda, yadda, that I had completely forgotten about and now need to fit into my schedule somehow. I love it!!!

At least I am ready for the second box when it comes around to me!!

Laura, I\'m sorry, but we already sent the boxes and the lists were finalized last. We opened up sign ups for about a month. I thought that was long enough. Maybe if we do another one you can be included. I am so sorry you missed the signup deadline.

Don\'t forget about the block swaps, though. There is the one going on now; but we\'re planning a Christmas one starting in June; and there\'s another one you can join by going to my website\'s chat forum.

It\'s here, it\'s here! Good thing my driveway was plowed again last night (third time since Sunday morning:o), so the mailman could make it in! Lots of goodies - but I can\'t take it all, can I? Guess I\'ll have to leave some of this yummy stuff for the rest of you:(

And thank you, Linda, for the lovely piece of fabric - what a nice touch!:D:D

The box I received yesterday is going out to its next recipient today - wanted to get it going before everything shuts down for the next storm! I\'m afraid I put in more items than I took out - had lots of little goodies left over from leftover door prizes from a quilt retreat I organized last year. Have fun, next in line!:P

NO, it\'s all a big surprise. The only hint is to look at the order of states where the boxes will go. It\'s a page or two back in this list.

You will see what got put in and taken out when you read the journal that is in the box.

The suspense is what keeps it interesting.

Patty, Yes, the boxes are going geographically, so you might be coming up very soon.

For what it\'s worth, box 1 had to leave here and go to Florida. I\'m the only one in Tennessee. It is going to Florida and then back up the east coast.

Be patient, one of the boxes will get to you eventually.

I\'m actually very impressed with how quickly they are moving around.

Archived