Round robin white elephant swap

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can\'t wait for it to get to MN. Love reading this post. You ladies are having too much fun with this whole thing.

Teresa,

I bet we could find room for one more. My DH wants to builld a big shed this spring so he has a space of his own. We could take that and he can have his garage back. LOL.

Only other one in MN is Judi that I know of and she is a few hours south of me. I think that there is someone about an hour or so from me, but I don\'t remember who.

Angela

Teresa, You\'re always welcome to visit. I do have a guest room, but a good part of it is taken up by a quilting machine. Don\'t even think of opening the closet door. I\'m hoping to have a garge built this spring/summer with a room over for my quilting. So I\'ll get my guest room back to being a guest room and the closet will have room for clothes. Heidi, I\'m off of I95, half way between Boston and Prov. R.I. I might go to a quilt show out in Lee, Ma this fall, I\'ll let you know when it is. Maybe we could meet up with Bonnie. Just one thing, please stop sending the snow over the state line, we\'ve had enough. LOL, DB

Teresa - I have room but you\'d have to trade in heat and humidity for snow! LOL it is really cold out this morning -2!!!!

DB - sorry looks like you\'re going to get more of the fluffy white stuff tonight and tomorrow. We\'re in for 4 - 8" and just north of us up to another 12"! I\'m so ready for Spring! It was great in Dec. but I\'ve had enough now. I\'m ready to have my flowers and the birds back!

That would be fun to meet up in Lee.

DB...trust us we would move it faster here in NY if it ever gets to us....will go to the PO again today to see if its here yet and the off to Heidi.. since we are the only two here that are playing it shouldn\'t take long to get it to Lee and if all else fails, I just bring it....you are only about 45 minutes away from me.

Bonnie,

I thought it was coming to my house first. I guess it makes more sense to go to you first but now I\'m disappointed! Did you hear Glenns Falls is in for 10" of snow overnight? It might affect your plans tomorrow. I\'m going to delay my hair appointment if I can. I think it is supposed to be over by noon. Boy am I ready for Spring!

Heidi, I really don\'t have a clue whom is going to get it first....but I will go just in case. If its not here I can\'t go again till Monday...my postoffice is closed on Saturdays.

Good thing the storm is to be over by noon....I won\'t have to leave here till then so should be way behind the sand trucks...good thing snow doesn\'t really bother me, but I too am ready for Spring. Getting head cold and not really wanting to play today.

Bonnie,

The northway has been a mess lately, lots of accidents! People just get silly when it snows! You should be good to go after noon. I love the snow but this is one of the reasons I love the Northeast...I get 4 seasons and after about 3 months I\'m always ready for a change! This winter really has been mild as far as the cold goes so we can\'t complain too much! The ice storms were a mess though and I\'ll be happy to have them gone. I\'ll yell if the box comes to me today...I\'m keeping my fingers crossed!

I got the box late this afternoon! I had the most fun reading the journal :). Bonnie if you do come this way it would be fine if you want to stop at exit 8 and pick up the box, if not I can try to get it in mail tomorrow. It was really heavy! I have no idea how Bev got everything in the box and it didn\'t rupture by the time it made it to my house! Do they have a flat rate for that box because I was really shocked that Bev paid less that 8.50 to mail it! Bonnie let me know your preference.

Bonnie,

I did mail it priority flat rate, it doesnt have a limit to the weight. It just has to all fit in the box!! That was a trick in itself!! I quess it took so long because of all the bad weather??

Enjoy the little guys!!

Beverly

Bev, I\'m sorry I hope you didn\'t feel that I was poopooing the slowness on how it was mailed....no no no....I said Third Class because that\'s what I send things to Montana and it takes about 6-7 days to get things there. And its cheaper by a WHOLE bunch than First Class. Now I\'m glad that I have an option of "Flat Rate" in a box, I thought that was only for letter type stuff.

YAY!!! Next stop MA, then PA, then 4 houses in OH. I\'m glad that box finally got somewhere. It seems to be travelling VERY slowly. At this rate it is going to take 2 years to get to all of us.

And the other box is getting ready to leave CA and start making it\'s way Northeast. MT, a bunch of houses in OR.

This is fun.

Archived