Round robin white elephant swap

The East coast box is on its way to NY!! I hope the little guys stay warm thru the snow storms today!! lol

I will try to attach a pic of the guys hanging out at my house in Maryland!! They had fun in MD but it was time to move on!! I first had to warm them by the fire, as they arrived during an ice storm!! Then they hung out in the yard, the light house is from my husbands Navy squadron at Pax River!!

They are both honorary Warlocks now!!

Beverly

Maryland

post--13461899276644_thumb.jpg

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the pics, and enjoyed the laugh this morning. This site is the first thing I look at when I get to work, it gets the morning start more enjoyable. Wouldn\'t it be great if everyone could take a pic of the little ones at each box stop!!! This is so much fun!!!! Can\'t wait for the second box to arrive in the next few months.

Yeah!!:D:D

I\'m glad you\'re having fun with this but actually I can\'t take credit for the idea - Jeanne and Sheryl actually suggested it a while back. I just acted on the idea when I got the 1st box. My DH even helped pick out the critters. :D

It was hard to find a good monkey though - but as I\'m sure you found out - it is no ordinary monkey!! We\'ll keep that as part of the surprise!!:D:D:D

I loved the pics when Beverly put them up. I was having a terrible day until I saw them and then it improved greatly! Thanks Beverly!!!

It will be fun seeing the 2 friends travel the country and I\'m sure they will have stories to tell when they finally get home to Shana and Teresa!!;)

Keep having fun.......

Heidi,

You betcha!! My husband always says, we get the marines to where they are going!! (The marines ride on the Navy ships) He says the couldnt do what they do without the ole Navy!! lol

I should have given them navy pins!! Darn, to late!! I actually got the idea to take a pic by the lighthouse on my way to mail them!! I had to repack them at the post office!! And one of them was making all kinds of noise going back in a box!!! lol

Ya\'ll have a great day!

Beverly

Beverly,

OK I\'ll just say that my hubby and your hubby could probably go round and round about Navy vs Marine! My hubby spent over a year of his 22 years active duty on a couple of Navy Ships! Your picture brought back memories of living on a base! It has been over 5 years now since hubby retired. We\'ll have to come up with something special for the traveling box!

OK, that\'s one marine and two Navy. I just retired after 26 years of service. I served on 3 amphibious ships hence my name "gator". We took the marines everywhere. The few marines assigned full time to the ship were called

"aqua-marines". Next box I\'ll add a trinket!!!

Connie,

I think if my hubby had been assigned permanently to a ship he would have resigned a lot sooner! He was on the Guadalcanal for almost 9 months during the 1st Gulf war. He was stationed with a Harrior Squadron then based at Cherry Point, NC. My Godsons nickname is Gator too! His father was a Navy guy too but we didn\'t hold it against him :P.

Bonnie,

I\'ll be long gone from there by then. I\'m hoping the snow doesn\'t make travel a nightmare. I\'m ready for spring! I don\'t know if I\'ll get the box tomorrow or Sat. If I get it tomorrow I may be able to do my thing and you could hit my house on your way home. I don\'t think we are going anywhere in the evening and we\'re less than a mile off Exit 8.

Archived