As far as a Flat rate box, they area a certain size and it all has to

fit in a certain box (they look like the Priority One boxes), but yes

they can be what ever weight. So the trick is "how much stuff is

there?"

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sheryl,

I think they are cousins for sure! I honestly have no idea what kind of cat she is. We have had her since she was 10 wks old and she is now 7. She was born on Halloween. Her name is Sugar but my sons friend told me I should have named her Crack because sometimes she seems like she has got to be on drugs! When she was a kitten she had a tiny spot of light gray on the top of her head but that went away by the time she was 6 months old.

Bonnie,

The box is on its way to your house. I would guess you will get it tomorrow. I had to put it in a new flat rate box. It is stuffed but this one was a little bigger and held everything a little better than the last one. Just in case nobody else knows there is one more square and one that is oblong. The square one holds a book nicely and boy you can\'t beat the price to ship it! $8.50 I think it was! I\'ll be using this method for future shipments! It really weighs a lot and I\'m sure it would have cost closer to $20 if it went by weight alone!

Got the box today....critters are both breathing just fine. Box popped open and they flew out....then the cat jumped into the box. Just might have to include her with the critters...she seems to think they are hers. Will get it into the mail tomorrow, its next stop is Massachusetts.

Just want to let you all know that I am going on a Quilt Retreat next week for 5 wonderful days of quilting , eating , laughing and just being with other quilters . We always have a blast .

So the last I heard on this forum was the Northwest box left Gilroy Feb. 26 , not sure where it is . There may be a delay depending on where it is .

Can\'t wait to take the furry twosome to the beach for the photo shoot , I do get that box also ?

Sandra, The east coast box heads to Mass. next then starts it\'s way west via PA. I don\'t know if anyone else in MA. is participating besides me. This box is actually moving at a good clip. I\'ve been keeping track of the posts, it\'s already been to TN, FL, N.C., VA, MD, NY and is enroute to MA. Bonnie, any chance that you were able to smoosh Sara into the box? She\'s just beautiful and would make a very nice addition to this household. I think I\'m the next stop so she wouldn\'t be in the box too long, I\'ll make sure to take her for an extra long walk. LOL. DB

No Dianne, I didn\'t stick Sara in the box. She is WAY to big for it, but I almost poked a hole into it so the other critters could breath, but didn\'t want to have to explain to the PO why there was a round hole in the top. They have no sense of humor.

Thanks all....she is a sweetie. And a very smart Akita. They are so headstrong that some just do their own thing and flat out don\'t listen...kinda like a two year old. Years ago I was given free a AKA 4year old adult male (Gunther) that NO ONE could control, and when he came to our house he thought he was going to be the boss. ...he and I had a "Come to Jesus" talk the first day, and he learned fast that I was the ALPHA, and he turned out to be just as sweet as she is. Sara has never given us any trouble...we got her at 9 weeks old and she loved our house so much that she has never never given any attitude of being the boss....If anything she knows her job and that is to protect me when Gene is gone, and I wouldn\'t want to get between her and someone not welcome in the house...she takes her job very seriously.

She was so funny, I asked her to jump up on the tramp and then to lay down...she so wanted to play with the critters, but I told her that they weren\'t hers, so she jumped back down got her own duck and then came back and layed down. Didn\'t even need to ask her. That is why she has that snooty look on her face. If she couldn\'t play with them she would just get her own....so there Mom!!!

Yeah!!! I got it!! I have been unable to do much of anything (the kids had to open the box for me) I had a severe allergic reaction to the antibiotic they gave me a urgent care and the very painfull swelling is going down now and I should be able to at least function by tomorrow!! I can\'t wait to get the box onto the next person!!! I know how I was waiting for it!!!

Sewhappy (but swollen)

Originally posted by Bonnie

Sara was so funny....That is why she has that snooty look on her face. If she couldn\'t play with them she would just get her own....so there Mom!!!

LOL!! :P Bonnie, I could tell that Sara was pouting in the photo! What a cutie she is. :D Give Sara a hug from me. She is a gorgeous dog...reminds me of a great big teddy bear. Wish I could hug her myself... Maybe I can do just that next fall when DH and I travel to Watertown to visit his folks --- we plan on doing more "sightseeing" in the area and could get down to the Catskills. Then I could also maybe visit and meet Hiedi, too! Now wouldn\'t that be wonderful?

Patty, I am so sad to learn about that allergic reaction. Yikes! Hope you feel better soon. Take care and hugs from me.

It\'s here,it\'s here!!! The east coast box arrived in Ma. monday. Due to my work at my "real" job I couldn\'t even get to opening till yesterday. Between Friday night and Tuesday morning I logged in over 50 hours at work and was just too tired to even peek in the box. It was killing me because I was tracking the box during it\'s trip and couldn\'t wait to get it, then it gets to my house and I didn\'t even have the time to go through it. This box is heavy and pretty well stuffed. I plan on getting it out by tomorrow and on it\'s trek westward via PA. I love the journal, it\'s nice to see everyones handwriting and read the comments. Just more personal and a little more real. DB

Archived