Round robin white elephant swap

I had box one, but it was a big surprise when I received it, because I had forgotten that I had signed up for it! Yesterday, I sent it on to NC.

I posted (on another forum) that we should consider using the post office\'s flat rate boxes as it is less expensive than if you pay by the weight of the box.

Thanks Teresa, for starting this - it was so much fun shopping at home, and finding goodies to add in and send on.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh yes, indeed, box no. 2 is on it\'s way to lucky recipient no. 4. Should be there by tomorrow or so. Since it is going to CA, who do you think gets it next? Hmmmmm. It is a little heavier cuz I put a couple larger things in, but we are going to need a new box sooner or later anyway. Enjoy!!

P.S. Barb, I drove over today. Clear sailing til Ritzville. Got on I-90 and there were 5, yes 5 cars in the ditch right after the on ramp. Then two more about a mile down and two more a little ways further. More off and on all the way to Spokane. And some d--n Canadian trucker crawled up my a-- cuz I was slowly(50 mph) and safely passing another trucker. Seriously, he was so close I could not see his lights in my rear window. I was kind of hoping to see him pulled over but that didn\'t happen. Instead, by the time I got to the weigh station outside of PF, guess who had slid off the road. This was 2 hours later! Sometimes ya just gotta smile. It was pouring rain in Spokane and blizzarding at Liberty Lake. Go figure.

Nancy

Oh, Nancy, I\'m so glad you got over OK! The roads have been horrible - lots of slide-offs, sticky, slippery, icky snow. Guess winter\'s still here, huh? Think we\'ll only have six more weeks of winter? I don\'t think so!

Give me a call or send an e-mail if you want to venture out at all - I\'m staying close to home otherwise!

I think North. I was surprised cuz it went from Vancouver to CA, then back to OR then to MT then back to OR so y\'all stay tuned. It WILL get to you. I am in Idaho so I don\'t have the address handy for where I sent it. Seems like it was Northern CA. Anyhoo, hope whoever gets it enjoys opening and looking through!

Nancy

It shouldn\'t have gone from OR to MT, then back to OR. Are we following the list in the exact order it was written?

I did it this way to try save us time and postage. Of course, if y\'all don\'t care, I guess I don\'t either.

Here\'s how it should have gone:

1.Linda Rech Olympia, WA

2.Barb Mayfield Newport, WA

3.Nancy Jo Smith Vancouver, WA

4. Angie Kiker Santa Rosa, CA

5.Merry Jo Rembold Valley Center, CA

6.Jen McManus Gilroy, CA

7.Barbara Goodson Janesville, CA

8.Patty Weightman Bozeman, MT

9.Carol Currier Port Orford, OR

10.Beth Durand Portland, OR

11Norma Northcott Malin, OR

12Melora Neminski Portland, OR

No, Theresa, you got it right. I just thought it was kind of funny to skip over Oregon, which is 3 miles from me to go to California, then across to MT then finally clear back across to Oregon. I kind of giggled about it since it is a really roundabout way to get to Oregon. Sounds like it might make a really cool road trip though. I went strictly by the list, so Angie should be getting it any day now. Hey, I should have volunteered to hand deliver the box. That would really have been a fun trip. This has been such a cool thing to do. It is fun to see all the excitement.

Nancy Jo

How fun. I should have put a picture in of the box in my environment. Studio, outside in yard, something. That would be so cool if everyone put in a picture. It would be fun to see a little about all of our friends. It\'s not too late if someone wants to start it.......

Nancy

So I am last on the list. Does that means I keep it? Could be good or bad depending on what is inside. I have a basement full of sewing stuff that I wont be able to pass on. Oh well. Maybe I am not last on the other box so I can add my stuff to that one. I hate waiting.

Does anyone have the list for the other box that started on the East?

Thanks

Melora

I don\'t know why but I just remembered that silly game we played as kids where we sat in a circle with hands clasped together and one of us would go around with a button inside our clasped hands and we would put our hands into the one of the circle friends hands and let a "button" drop down between their clasped hands---Then another person would guess where the "button" was--which person\'s clasped hands had it? Win the game! or points or whatever--- Does anyone remember "button, button, who has the button? Or am I the only oldie here!:)

Well, I have the button (oops! Box #1) ---I received it yesterday, took my goodies! Put somethings back in the box and I\'m on the way to the PO now! I don\'t know why it came to north CA. first across OR. I\'m just glad it did!:)

Having Fun! :P

Melora, that is just a very small part of the very LONG list. You have plenty of people behind you, so you will just mail the box to the next person.

Linda Card, I don\'t know how I did that, and I\'m so sorry, but I\'ll make sure you get the boxes after me, going both ways. Then instead of me mailing one to Shana, you will be doing it. And instead of the other one coming to me last, it will go to you last. Is that okay?

I feel awful about that.

Hey, I teach READING, not GEOGRAPHY. I just tried to keep it on the west coast, okay. LOL

Originally posted by Melora

So I am last on the list. Does that means I keep it? Could be good or bad depending on what is inside. I have a basement full of sewing stuff that I wont be able to pass on. Oh well. Maybe I am not last on the other box so I can add my stuff to that one. I hate waiting.

Does anyone have the list for the other box that started on the East?

Thanks

Melora

Melora, no worries -- you are NOT the last on the list... Teresa just listed the first few in the VERY large list. There are 49 people on this list. And, I am the first to start one box and I will be the last to get that same box back... probably in a year\'s time??? I figure there are 52 weeks in a year and if someone kept the box for minimum 3-5 days, then shipped it (another 3-5 days), that will take a while to get that box shipped around, but looks like this is moving pretty quick....

Shana,

I was thinking that that west coast box is moving pretty quickly, also. Maybe you won\'t have to wait a whole year to get it back. Of course, the longer it takes to get here, the more cool things I can put in it before I send it to Linda Card so she can send it to you (*see note above about how I screwed up and left her name off the list). I can\'t wait until one of the boxes gets to me, but I know it will be the very end of the year.

Hey if anybody wants to stick their Liberty or Mille in a box and send it to me, I\'d take it.

Hey Teresa, I was just having fun with your geography. It really would have made an interesting road trip. But those lovely ladies in Oregon will eventually get their turn. It is good to be excited and wondering. Beth, it really will get to you eventually. I could have driven it over, but I was playing by the rules!! LOL

Nancy Jo

Archived