Round robin white elephant swap

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, I like the "journal" idea...a list of what was in the box would be in it..

then #2, would take any item she wants and add to the Journal what she puts in, plus some interesting tid-bit, helpful hint, song of praise or a gripe.

When #3 gets the box, they take what they can use and in the journal, add

the items they\'ve included...and maybe some enlightening tip or clever idea, etc.

Should there be some sort of a limit on weight? I\'d hate to think of this

dragging along at 40# and we\'re paying postage on it. Likewise, value of

items..I don\'t want to have to pay insurance on it. But it certainly sounds like fun! ML

For those of you latecomers- Make sure I have your name and address by tonight. You can email it to me.

I will add you to the list.

MaryLou makes a good point. If you take a book, add a book. If you take thread try to add thread or something about the same weight. I wouldn\'t want to send thread and have somebody take it all and put a book or two in, then the next person put more books in. The box would weigh a ton.

Let\'s all play nice and keep it moving once it gets going. I will try to get the first mailing out on Saturday.

Pamela Sperling

Send me your address again. The dog ate my homework (my address list). REALLY!. It\'s in two pieces and there\'s a chunk missing.

Here\'s the list as of tonight. Last chance to sign up.

Janet Armstrong

Debbie Treusch

Sandra Darlington

Bobbi Brady

Melora Neminski

Barbara Goodson

Jen McManus

Carol Currier

Renae Gamel

Ruthie Wasmuth

Julie McClannan

Janette Woodall

Linda Rech

Marylou Ross

LeeAnn Meduna

Jeanne Rumans

Victoria Kirby

Norma Northcutt

Connie Weishchler

Shana

Kat Wipker

Dianne Brodin

Dawn Lammers

Heidi Merrill

Bonnie Botts

Coleen O\'Kane

Merry Jo Rembold

Nancy Jo Smith

Beth Durand

Patty Weightman

Sheri Butler

Darlene Phillips

Barb Mayfield

Angie Kiker

Michelle Strickland

Margie Wakefield

Emily Schwarz

Beverly Vance

Angela Brichacek

Judi Olson

Pamela Sperling

Sheryl Stewart

Marylyn Jones

Karol Kusmaulk

Okay,

I tried to do this to minimize shipping costs for everybody,so it is going from state to state in a pattern.

Box 1 will leave from my house and travel in this order:

TN, FL, NC, VA, MD, NY, MA, PA, OH, MI, IN, IL, MO, IA, NE, MN, CO, OR, MT, CA, WA, AK, then back to me

Box 2 will leave from Shana\'s house and travel in this order:

AK, WA, CA, MT, OR, CO, MN, NE, IA, MO, IL, IN, MI, OH, PA, MA, NY, MD, VA, NC, FL, TN, then back to Shana

Shana, I will email you the list of names and addresses to put in the box leaving from your house. Please also include a small journal to record what has been put in and removed from the package, and any quilting tips, ideas, or funny anecdotes.

I\'m just waiting for Pamela Sperling to get me her address, since the dog ate it. Then box 1 goes to the post office.

YEAH

Angela - oh see- now I was trying to figure out if I was the only "MN" in this

little swap and going to get each box or what! Now I know..... That\'s what

I was just thinking too, but we can always add in fabric too, right? I do just

happen to have a bit of that around here!;)

Good morning ladies.

Judi, YES definitely fabric.

Right now I have three books, a rotary cutter that\'s not comfortable in my hand, three pattern packs, a yard or two of fabric, and a rotating cuttin mat

gathered up. Those things will go into the two boxes, I just have to figure out what goes in box one and what goes in box two.

I will get the first box packed and in the mail Tuesday.

Shana will, hopefully, get the second box in the mail sometime this week also.

The reason I had the box travel from state to state, instead of criss-crossing back and forth all over the country is because the lady at our post office said it costs less to mail closer than to mail far away. Example I can mail to KY or MO a whole lot cheaper than mailing to CA, even if the box is the same size and weighs the same amount. She said it applies to anything over 1 oz., which this will be.

SO, I thought we could all save a little bit of money by mailing to those people closest to us. Sound okay??

Sounds great to me. VA is close to TN!!! Really appreciate all the work you\'re doing. This will be fun, sounds like some great items already. Our quilt show is in a few weeks (Mid-Atlantic) I hope to find at least 1 interesting item to put into the box plus other items I have collecting dust.

Teresa or Saundra, please send me your mailing address so I can add you to my list of names for my box.

OK, so it is Tuesday, January 22. As soon as I get Saundra\'s address I will add her. I have the box all ready to ship. So, folks, this is it... I have like almost 50 people on the list and the train is about to leave the station on it\'s long travel to many stops across the US.

All aboard! (that means the train doesn\'t stop for any new passengers after this date!) Saundra, hurrry!!!!!!!!

I hope we got everyone!!!! :)

Archived