FRESH OFF THE DSM!!

OK, so yesterday was all about ME! I finally finished this top I fell in love with when I received the April \'07 edition of American Patchwork & Quilting...

I still have 4-5 others ahead of the quilting process, but maybe by then I\'ll be worthy...

enjoy! It will make you think of sunshine and blue skies!

post--13461898912925_thumb.jpg

Yellow is my new favorite color and this is just the right way to use it!!! Love the pattern. I\'ll have to go dig thru my magizines and try and find the pattern. And Bobbi, I know that you are deserving of getting to quilt this beautiful quilt you have made. Thanks for posting

Linzi and all thanks for your kind comments! who knows, it may just jump in ahead in line!

The 30\'s prints are completely out of my league... I am personally a fairly traditional quilter. I had been contracted to do a 30\'s print baby quilt I had a really hard time figuring it out... When I shopped for fabrics I kept thinking "linoleum patterns". I had grown up in the late 50\'s early 60\'s and so it was a good visualization. These are just some of the scraps left over from that quilt... 390 turned applique leaves! good heavens what was I thinking?

But I\'m really happy with it!

Thanks everybody!

Theresa: I spent several nights with my ironing board set up in front of tv ironing those little suckers. I just followed the directions.... one thing though... I think I\'m a pretty good piecer however my sq in sq blocks were not 11 1/2" maybe 11 1/4" and that was with a 1/4" seam. So I just trimmed all my applique blocks (which were perfectly 11 1/2") to match the sq in sq. It was frustrating... I would say if you added it all up maybe a week and a half cut to finish. I still haven\'t figured out if I\'ll add the green and blue borders. maybe blue, but I didn\'t like the green with it. i just thought it was sooo pretty! and I\'m not a big yellow fan, but this was a wonderful happy color.

Theresa, you should make it too! I\'m not a whole cloth person and I can only aspire to be as good a quilter as you all, and I\'ll bet your quilting of it would be fabulous.

OK, Shana - u r worthy.... is that it? LOL

The photo in the magazine showed it with stippling in the applique blocks, and some other swirly design in the sq in sq blocks.... I would like to do more than that, I want it to be everything I dreamed of when I started it. Don\'t we all do that? Dream about what each creation will look like when it\'s complete?

Archived