New Millie

The new Millie has an LED light instead of the current light bar. Wouldn't it be a great idea for the enginers to work on an LED light that would be compatable with the existing machines. The LED directs a brighter light from a much smaller package increasing visability. I would be interested in purchasing such a kit and would think other Millie owners would, too. Let's hear from the gals. Would anyone else be interested??

Debbi,

I bet if you sent your light to the factory they could lengthen the wire for you. Here is how my husband attached mine to the back side. He had to drill new holes in the aluminum housing of the light bar and then attached small angle irons on it. Those then were screwed into the side screws on the millies side plate towards the back. He had to lengthen the wire to do this.

My machine is now on its way back to me, but I sent it in for service and they put a new longer wire on it for me.

It sure would be cheaper than upgrading your machine just for the new light.

post--13461899023939_thumb.jpg

Thanks Patty. The light bar is the only reason I want to upgrade and you\'re right that it would be expensive. However, the increased visibility from no light bar would be worth it to me.

I\'ll talk with someone at APQS about getting some longer wires so that I can move the light bar.

Debbi

Yikes! I fear that the engineers might be cringing about this retrofit for new light on the old Milli... Anyway, I have only seen a photo of the new light that\'s on the Lenni, which I assume is the same for the new Milli. I work with engineers and I understand the diffiulty of retrofitting...probably can\'t do it with the old Milli without a lot of redesign & stuff ($$). That\'s OK. I\'ve got a solution for ya!

OK you APQS engineers... if you are into designing new lights for the longarms, can I have mine be matching mini crystal chandeliers dangling from each side? That would give me good balanced light and it would be pretty and sparkly, too. ;) It would add that "special touch of class" and thinking about it, it would be an easy install, too -- just dangle them from each side of my front spool holder. Works for me!

Matching mini crystal chandeliers for me, please. (silly sarcasm intended).

Just wanted to say hello to the engineers and that I appreciate those folks behind the scenes that are always improving a product that is already top notch. I love my Millennium! Thanks for all that you do.

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for all of the excitement you have for the Millennium with LED lighting. I\'m sorry to tell you that our engineer had worked long and hard trying to include LED lighting in previous versions of the Millennium. Since I\'m not an electrician, don\'t ask me why, but it simply did not work. But, as our engineer worked on designing Lenni, he of course included the LED lighting from the get go, as LED lighting is the way lighting is going. Well, after much work in the lab, he decided that the new circuitry he was using for Lenni could also be used with the Millennium, allowing LED lighting in the next version of this machine. APQS has shown in the past that we\'re willing to retrofit new features to older machines, but in this particular case, it\'s just not that simple. As I\'m sure all of you have experienced at some point with a computer, camera, iPod, cell phone, or car, upgrades in technology don\'t always translate to current or old equipment.

APQS will continue to do what we can to support our current customers. We already were working on a 1-time special for Millennium owners to upgrade. Watch for that announcement next week.

Please let me know if I can answer any questions.

Sincerely,

Heidi Kaisand

National Sales Manager

That would be great if we could update the Liberty too. There are a lot of us out there. I came very close to selling my Liberty and buying a Prodigy for the very reason of the light being behind the machine and the huge amount of visibility. I ended up staying with my Liberty, so I would be VERY interested in upgrading to a new Liberty.

Lynn,

I feel your pain. The visibility issue had me considering trading up to the milli. I was also looking at selling and purchasing an A1. In the end I kept my Liberty. It just stitches so beautifully! Now if only I could see around that light. An upgrade of the lighting system would be fabulous!

Carol

Archived