update on bad customer lawsuit

Just wanted to let you guys know that the bad customer "LOST" her suit. Long story short, the judge thought the quilt looked fine to him. The quilting matched the diagram she sent, he measured the pattern that was to be so far off (1/16 off), and showed her it was not. Anyway, she was not a happy camper when all was said and done. Woohoo for the longarmer!!!!:P:P:P:P

As a matter of fact, both longarmers she tried to trash are thinking of a countersuit. The first one really got trashed from state to state. It really hurt her business but in the long run, the longarmer opened a store and is doing well now.

After winning her suit, the longarmer called me from the quilt shop we work out of and was doing a snoopy dance. The nasty customer had been suing her for 600.00 (cost of quilt) and another 500.00 for ruining her quilt. Sooooo, I suggested to the quilter that she had an extra 500.00 in her purse and she needed to go shopping. :D:D:D:D

OMG!! What a horrible experience. I am glad you won. In IL you would have had to countersue at the time you filed the answer to the complaint, asking for attorney fees and other damages at that time. Hope you were able to do so. You can always advertise that you won a lawsuit filed by so and so. Let\'s get her name out there for some public humiliation.

Archived