Asian Estrella Baptist Fan....

I actually do like using the Hartley Fence! I am finding though, that it is high end in the pricing scale.....this quilt took me about 5 hours to quilt and 2 hours to trim all the threads! If my customers are willing to pay, then I will do it! At least now I know what to charge!

I figure that I have the fence.....I am going to use it. I don\'t like the way the Baptist Fan looks when the "fans" don\'t connect as in panto. I don\'t know how the CL Baptist Fans look so can\'t speak to that. I think the Quilt-EZ BF\'s "connect" but that is another purchase I would have to make. Don\'t think so.

Myrna - how often do you actually use the fence on quilts? And what would you charge for quilting Baptist Fans using it? I\'m just curious..........

Laurie,

I use my fence a lot. I always find that I want to "plop" a circle somewhere or a line or whatever the case may be. I have a 14\' table so I can leave it all the time.

As far as charging, yes it us custom work so I charge more for it. I might also add that I have used it a lot so I am pretty fast with it. I clip the top traveling threads as I finish a row before or I roll the quilt then start clipping the back as they roll up when I am still working on the quilt . It does not take long that way. I can do King size quilt in 4-5 hrs. Charging?? depends in the quilt .

Myrna

Originally posted by sewlinzi

The BF really does make a classy finish!I must load a charity quilt and tackle my unused HF:P

LINZI x

Do you have Myrna\'s DVD on Using the Hartley Fence? It is essential to your success. I found just by looking at the book was not enough for me to figure it out.....

It is a wonderful finish to a quilt!!!!!

I just loved your work it really is classes I have thefence but still do not know how to connect to my machine. instructions did not come with it. Have Myrna\'s book. I had the hf up for sale but found no one called or emailed. still would like to sell. As I have another circle maker:D

Archived