Christmas Block Acknowledgement

DB

Nancy, are you ok? haven't seen you post for a while, and haven't seen that you have sent any blocks... I tried to go back and see if you have, but nada...

This is from the first page of the sign up thread with Teresa. "Count me in Theresa! I'd love to do the swap at whatever everyone agrees to! This is so much fun! Nancy Phropheter (?) (luvolejunk)"

Just let us know what's up - ok? I want to finish mine, but want to wait for your block if you are sending it! Thanks!!!

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, a while back someone posted a link to the Nancy Rink Designs website and mentioned that she had free patterns.

They were for a Block of the month called Northern Lightst hat had just finished. All the blocks were stars. Now I find it difficult to pass on any block design that has a star featured.......... I think the one I chose is called Solar Wind, it is Block number three for this pattern.

I did not follow her cutting instructions, as I was making all the blocks the same. I used the fast way of making the flying geese blocks (four at a time) and the quarter square triangle units were made the quick and easy (and painless way) as well.

Regards,

I am looking forward (perhaps excited?) to put my :) ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL :) exchange blocks into a quilt this year (in 2008) before it starts to get crazy and before you know it, Christmas will be here. I recieved nine blocks so far and I am waiting for three blocks. I think putting this quilt together would be fun and get me in the "spirit of the season." I am going to wait one more month (middle of November) before I assume I won't be getting my other three blocks and if that is the case I will just make my Christmas block exchange quilt from the nine I have recieved.

Shana,

I have a few extra christmas blocks prepared, let me know if you would like one if the others don't turn up!!

I am only missing one (from Mary Lou). and then I have the 12.

Dianne was lovely to send me an extra block for the friendship exchange (Iwas two short there). She really represents the friendship shown by everyone on this site!!

Regards,

Oh you are so sweet to offer this kind gesture, Susanne. :) I am patient and I sure can wait a while longer. I am sure these ladies are working to finish their blocks. I just wasn't sure if I was in the minority or the majority with receiving blocks. I just wanted to have my quilt finished before the crazy Christmas crunch time so I can enjoy it through the season. :)

Shana, I rec'd a message from SKRAT that she was given an incorrect zip code for mine, and it's in the mail today. If your waiting from her as well, hopefully she had a correct name/address list. Just some info since your still waiting on 3.

I have just the one from her left, then I desperately need to find some matching fabric to do mine.

I also thought of waiting to see if we do this next year, and adding 12 more so I can have a queen sized quilt to use as the outer quilt at christmas time in one of my guest bedrooms.

Shana here is the list of who you should be getting blocks from- :)

Barbara G makes for Merry Jo, Lisa, Dorothy, Sandy D, Sheri B, Beverly V, Merenie, Nancy, Yvette, Roxie, Kristie W., Shana

Merry Jo makes for Lisa, Dorothy, Sandy D, Sheri B, Beverly V, Merenie, Nancy, Yvette, Roxie, Kristie W, Shana, CArol

Lisa makes for Dorothy, Sandy D, Sheri B, Beverly V, Merenie, Nancy, Yvette, Roxie, Kristie W, Shana, Carol,Coleen

Dorothy makes for Sandy D, Sheri B, Beverly V, Merenie, Nancy, Yvette, Roxie, Kristie W, Shana, Carol,Coleen, Bobbi

Sandy D makes for Sheri B, Beverly V, Merenie, Nancy, Yvette, Roxie, Kristie W, Shana, Carol,Coleen, Bobbi, Marlette

Sheri B makes for Beverly V, Merenie, Nancy, Yvette, Roxie, Kristie W, Shana, Carol,Coleen, Bobbi, Marlette, Rita

Beverly V makes for Merenie, Nancy, Yvette, Roxie, Kristie W, Shana, Carol,Coleen, Bobbi, Marlette, Rita, Teresa

Merenie makes for Nancy, Yvette, Roxie, Kristie W, Shana, Carol,Coleen, Bobbi, Marlette, Rita, Teresa, Melora

Nancy makes for Yvette, Roxie, Kristie W, Shana, Carol,Coleen, Bobbi, Marlette, Rita, Teresa, Melora, Janet

Yvette makes for Roxie, Kristi W, Shana, CArol, Coleen, Bobbi, Marlette, Rita,Teresa, Melora, Janet, Dawn

Roxie makes for Kristi W, Shana, Carol, Coleen, Bobbi, Marlette, Rita, Teresa, Meloar, Janet, Dawn, Bev. H

Kristi W makes for Shana, Carol, Coleen, Bobbi, Marlette, Rita, Teresa, Meloar, Janet, Dawn, Bev. H, Kimmie

I kept all of my return addresses and notes that came with my blocks, they are a bit of history of the quilt it will be! I would be happy to send you a block to make up your difference!

Dawn Lammers, Janet Armstrong, MaryLou Ross:

I will be mailing your blocks tomorrow. Sorry for the delay. That finishes my 12. I am still waiting for 3, not sure who from as most of the ones I have got opened by other people and separated from the envelopes; and the blocks aren't signed. I will have to post a picture so people can identify what they sent me. I will fill in the names on the blocks.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure I signed all the ones I made:(

Oh Teresa - its o.k.!! Life gets SO busy doesn't it?? I did notice that you forgot to sign your and I did it for you - No problem!!;)

Hope things are getting better down there in your part of the world, I think of you often and say a little prayer.... Good to hear from you now and then and read a post or two!!:)

I just got a beautiful block from Shannon in Texas! Thank you so much--it was an extra surprise right after a quilting retreat and right before Innovations! I feel special:P

I have eleven now...just waiting for one more.

Thanks everyone, this has been fun!

Woo Hoo, I got the squishy envelope from Shannon in the mail!

It's georgous Shannon thank you. Love the star in the window pattern, and your lovely note you've attached inside the envelope!

That's 12 for me, and i'm deciding if I want to wait to get 12 more, some how......

as i'd sure like to have a queen sized cover for my spare bedroom bed for christmas!

If not, i'll make up something to increase the quilt in size using the 12.

Thank you to all, and God Bless!

Hi Sheri--put 'em on point with your favorite Christmas fabric as the large squares--then "border" the heck out of it!! I quilted one recently with the prettiest cream fabric with gold over-printing of words from carols and tiny snowflakes. Very subtle and a nice place for some quilting! Merry Christmas!!!

Archived