Christmas Block Acknowledgement

DB

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all,

A special "late" thank you is owed to both Susanne Hughes and Shannon from Tx. I've been involved in "the move from he@#!" We've been moving for a month and a half. I just got internet back late yesterday afternoon. We bought a house that had been a foreclosure. When the old owner's left, they took the complete kitchen (everything: appliances, cabinets, countertops) and left the walls and a hole in the floor. They also took all the interior doors, the woodburning stove, towel racks, built-in entertainment center, blinds and everything else they could remove. So we've been up to our ears with moving a little of this and a little of that, as construction permitted. I'm finally back to quilting in the midst of all this chaos, because I've got customers waiting on quilts! I've never had such a bad move.

The upside is, I get a 1 bedroom granny flat (about 700 sq. ft.) all to myself for my sewing and quilting! My millie is in the living room, all the sewing machines and cutting table are in the bedroom. I'll post pics when I'm unburied (if I'm not pushing up daisies by then). The granny flat is as cute as can be. I love it. The house is to die for (it may kill me before it's done) and will be worth the upset when it's finished. I've been washing dishes in the bathroom for over a month, and cooking between the travel trailer and the granny flat. GEEZ! At least the kitchen is almost finished now, and I can at least cook a meal in the house. It's been a really bad month and a half. I'm sorry it took so long to let you know I rec'd the blocks and to thank you for them.

Oh Merry Jo! I had no idea what you were going through! I sure have missed you but was guessing you were very busy with life, and not having to compensate for bitter, angry foreclosed previous owners! What a shame. I am always shocked at how horrible people can be. You were the innocent party in that mess. But Merry Jo, yoU know attitude is everything and I can tell that you are looking at the forest through the trees and there is daylight at the end of that forest! (not to mention a BRAND NEW KITCHEN TO BOOT!) :P I look forward to photos of your new place once you get settled. (((HUGS)))

Miss Shana,

you have heard that everyone has a twin?...well you do and my dh couldn't believe that you weren't his niece when I asked him if he knew who you looked like. And to top it off, she is a real character just like you sound, loves to have fun and jokes all the time. Just had to let you know...and by the way...your blocks are just gorgeous and those that receive them should be very pleased.

Bev

Here is a picture of my blocks:

Some of these are not signed. If you made one of these could you please let me know so I can sign your name on it? Thanks.

top row: unknown, Yvette Ness, Coleen

2nd row: Shana, unknown, Beverly

3rd row: Rita, Bobbi, unknown

4th row: unknown

I'm still hoping to get the last two, but if not I'll piece it with 9 and use the 10th on the back as a label/story envelope.

post--13461900563817_thumb.jpg

Has anyone heard from Mary Lou? Is she still in this? I don't want to pressure anyone and am happy to wait if the block is still coming.

I am still happy to make a few more, fabric is all cut out and ready to be sewn. So Teresa and Shana, let me know and I'll get one into the mail for you............. so far have not had any "Squishies" not accepted or returned! ;):D:cool:

I don't think that Mary Lou has posted anything in months. She is also someone on my list that I sent a block to and never got an acknowledgement. In fact I haven't heard from several people. I hope they all got to where they were supposed to go. I am glad to see that most people received their blocks. Susanne, Thank you for your kind words regarding the second block from the past swap. I sent out a bunch of them to people that I knew had come up short because others didn't come through on the deal.

Dianne

Archived