My Quilt Top - Claudia's Pfiel's Fabric Challenge

Here it is! I haven\'t been creative in a long time due to quilting customer quilts. I had a hard time coming up with an idea. The flowers are from my stash of hand dyed fabrics (except for one piece) and the leaves are hoffman batiks. I will get to quilting it soon. Any thoughts on quilting would be appreciated.

Cheryl

2527188800101443422S425x425Q85.jpg

2505001640101443422S425x425Q85.jpg

2356683000101443422S425x425Q85.jpg

I was thinking about quilting some large leaves to add to the leaves already there and then some McTavishing in the background (that would fit Sheri suggestion of swirls). I haven\'t figured out the border yet. I am open to suggestions since you all have great ideas.

Cheryl

It is fused but when I get my DSM back from being repaired I will stitch it down. After 28 years, my pfaff, finally needs a new off/on switch (of all the things to break...I am thankful it wasn\'t anything major...I am afraid it is getting to the point they won\'t be able to get parts when something major goes wrong. I will be sad when I need to replace my DSM:() Then I will do some thread play on my Millie.

Cheryl

That is absolutely lovely! Fantastic fussy cutting. I love the inner border w/Claudia\'s stripey fabric.

Beautiful!

Can\'t wait to see it quilted. Sorry don\'t have any ideas, but I think it will come to you. You\'re on a creative roll, it looks like.

Okay, I have started my "Claudia" project.....I think I should have started the minute MQS was over!!

You all are so creative....I have just been pouring over patterns, etc and coming up blank. I love this fabric, it is just beautiful.

I\'m not a quilted clothing kind of gal...don\'t like them...so that was out. I am not the artsy...wall hanging kind of person either...I love traditional!! What...what....what....and I gonna do???

Finally I have come up with an idea that I hope is worthy. Then I had to cut the fabric. Yikes!! I didn\'t want to do it. I could hear it cry as I put my blade to it\'s surface. Oh, it was just terrible!! My plan is in full swing.....I can\'t listen to the cries...I just have to keep telling the fabric, "I am doing this for your own good."

Okay, did I mention I am a drama queen?? Just ask my family. I just read this to Jen and she said that I am a geek :D

Originally posted by Mary Beth

Okay, did I mention I am a drama queen?? Just ask my family. I just read this to Jen and she said that I am a geek :D

Ungrateful whelp...just wait till Hayley....says the same thing to her in about 20 years.;););):P

Archived