Man what do I do to get in line to be her friend as well....I love DWR, but don't think I have the patience to make one of my own...or enough life time.

What a generous gift....and beautiful 30 fabrics....can't wait to see how you quilt it...

My friend that gave this to me also gave me a vintage top with appliqued baskets and a completed Sun Bonnet Sue.

I am open to suggestions on how to quilt it!! Maybe I need to send it to Jessica.

I love the borderon this quilt!!

I do need some advice. The top needs to be washed. I am thinking I should wait until after I quilt it. Do you agree? I washed the Sun Bonnet Sue quilt in Soak and it turned out great. Soak is biodegrable and does not even need to be rinsed.

Heidi I sent your pencils the other day and added a little langiappe to the box. I only had one pencil and one white refill and we are out again. I will send the rest of the refill when we get more. I put a note for your in the box.

Sandra

WOW!! You are one lucky lady...........I have a box of 30's fabric but haven't decided what to make yet. That is beautiful. The gal that GAVE me the box of original 30's fabric did want it because she doesn't sew and she was cleaning out her mother's house for an auction sale after her mother died. A mutual friend of ours told her I sewed quilts and that I would probably be interested in it and so she told her to bring me over and anything I wanted in that room to just take....she wouldn't take any money for it when I offered. I felt like I hit a gold mine at the time.;)

I really like the Sun Bonnet Sue quilts out of 30's fabric too...but never tried that either.

Renae

I would defintely wait until after it's quilted to wash. Otherwise the fabric frays at the seams and sometimes the seams will come apart.

Quilting will give it stability. But I've found that some of the older fabrics do not wash well. Some will fade, some will bleed, and some will actually almost disintegrate. So be VERY gently with it when washing.

I had one fabric that, when washed, had little holes all in it where a small flower had been printed. Must've been something in the dye that was used for printing that flower.

I was able to patch everything and the quilts turned out nicely, but gently washing is the key.

You have a VERY NICE FRIEND. I can't wait to see how you quilt it up. Love the DWR, I've never quilted one, or even owned one. And like Bonnie B, I don't think I have the patience to piece one, so I'd better be looking on E-Bay!!!!

Archived