I am finally a member of the APQS family

Hello to some old friends, Kimmy, Darlene, Sherry, and to the new friends I haven't made yet!

It's taken me a very long time but I finally have my new Millennium and although Merlin and I have only been together for two days I'm having a wonderful time! Our UK dealers, John and Angela, came 350 miles this weekend to set up for me. I am already half way through my first quilt, a new "blankie" for Ollie, the 13 year-old Four Paws who is in charge of this household.

It will take me a little while to get used to using a different machine, 9 years with a Gammill is a lot of habit to break. If anyone is thinking of changing brands then all I can say is "go for it" and don't delay. My G. Classic was an excellent machine and I had hardly any trouble with it in nearly a decade but I'm already loving the differences my Millennium brings - fabulous control when moving the machine head, a great stitch regulator and I'm loving the table design, the space underneath is now full of storage drawers and I feel so organised I don't know myself.;)

I've been a member of this forum for a very long time but never posted before, but want to thank Jim and Bob for being so patient with me - they knew long before I did that I needed to change machines!

I'll post some pictures of Merlin's first 'masterpiece' when it is finished and when I can work out how to do it.

Jayne

Cumbria, England

http://community.webshots.com/user/jaynehill

What a lovely treat to first read a post from you and second to see that you have joined the APQS family! Yeah for us, Yeah for you and yeah for APQS!!

It is so good to see you are settled in your new home and ready to do some serious quilting. I look so forward to being able to keep up with you and your remarkable talent. Thanks for alerting us of your latest adventure!

Welcome Jayne! Love your Webshots, Ollie is a real ham, huh? He so looks like he is posing for you and looking to see if you are onthe job with the camera, what personality! Your quilts are wonderful, and the view from your studio is breathtaking! Happy to have you in the family!

Welcome, Jayne, from one of your 'new' friends in Ontario, Canada!

What lovely pictures ~ so many potential quilting designs in that beautiful old architecture! I think you've got the best of both worlds with Merlin and that splendid view outside your studio!

Carolyn

Hi Jayne and welcome to the family.

(My maiden name is Hill. My dad's parents were first generation US born from Barrow-in-Furness--his dad was of course a Hill and his mom a Housby. Oh---and my mother's name was Merlyn. Were we separated at birth?)

All in fun--again, welcome!

Originally posted by ffq-lar

(My maiden name is Hill. My dad's parents were first generation US born from Barrow-in-Furness--... and my mother's name was Merlyn)

Thanks Linda, that is too much co-incidence! I am just outside Cockermouth, right at the other end of the county from where your Dad was born. Have you ever come over to see where he was brought up? If so you'll know what an absolutely beautiful place it is. Thanks to you and everyone for their good wishes.

Originally posted by SherryRogers

What a lovely treat to first read a post from you and second to see that you have joined the APQS family! Yeah for us, Yeah for you and yeah for APQS!!

It is so good to see you are settled in your new home and ready to do some serious quilting. I look so forward to being able to keep up with you and your remarkable talent. Thanks for alerting us of your latest adventure!

Hey Sherry, thank you so much for your warm welcome, you were right a long time ago when you told me to change machines, sorry it took me so long to do as I was told. Enough of the "remarkable talent" if you don't mind, that's what I have you and Kimmy for. If you have a look at my webshots I've put a photo of Ollie's new bedtime blanket - my first quilt in over 12 months and trust me, it is remarkable that it's finished but there is not much talent in 6" squares and a freehand squiggle!

I'm VERY late in saying it but so many, many congratulations on your win at Paducah - your coloured quilts are awesome.

Archived