Hello from a newbie!

Opps! I hit the wrong button and sent it without finishing what I had to say! Anyways, I've been reading, learning and lurking around here for a long time... I must say this is one awesome forum, with very incredibly talented individuals! I feel as though I've gotton to know you all, and you have no idea who I am! So here goes... I live in Chisago City Mn, I'm married , I have a step son, who's married with 2 little boys...

and I have 2 cats and a dog. I've been sewing all my life, but started quilting about 6 years ago. I've done all my quilting on my DSM, and some day hope to find the space for a LA! So now that I'm no longer a "lurker", here's to some new friendships!

Evy

another Newbie here. Hello to everyone. This forum is awesome. I finally figured out how to long in and post, just been lurking for a few weeks. I am a short arm quilter from Summerville, SC. and am looking to upgrade to a Lennie, maybe for Christmas if Santa is good to me this year. Greetings to everyone. Jeanne

hello again

Linda

Summerville SC is about 3 hours south of Charlotte, NC. Fort Mills is not far from Rock Hill area. My daughter lives in Charlotte NC which is fairly close to Gastonia, NC (home of the famous Mary Jo's Cloth store http://www.maryjos.com

if you don't know about this place you will be in for a wonderful treat. Also I can tell you that we in SC have a state guild which holds a retreat each year in Winnsboro, SC at White Oak Conference Center. (Awesome time to get to know all quilters in SC) It also has spring meetings once a year in rotating districts. we have 7 districts within SC which come together for these events. I believe that Rock Hill is in District 2 which is probably the one closest to Fort mill I think they have a guild called the York County Quilters. Anyway you are going to love it! Can't wait to meet you. Hope you come soon and get plugged into your local and state guild.

website for state guild is http://www.quiltersofsc.org

Wish Summerville was closer, we are right outside of Charleston, SC and we are District 7 we will be hosting the Spring Meeting in 2009 maybe you will be here by then.

I fixed the link on my blog in the www box

jeanne

Hello to all and thank you for the nice replys! I like your name too Shana! I have a good friend with the same name and we all call her Sha-na-na! My name rhymes with Chevy, heavy, leavy... LOL! So it's easy to remember! And, by the way Shana, I love your sense of humor :P

Oh, and does anyone ever come to Minnesota for any events? Let me know, it would be great to put faces to names, and meet everyone!

Evy

Evy -

There is always room. I use a bedroom that is 11 1/5 x 12 and in it, I have put my Millie, DSM & ironing board!! - oh, and a chest of drawers for storage. DSM is tight but figure if I have to on occasion, can move it to the dining room table. DH actually said I could use the living room, but not ready to take over the whole house! Very well laid out and have to keep it picked up but it is worth it. Ordered a 10' table and took the closet doors off. Just enough room for everything:D I figured shorter was better than nothing after dreaming for 5 years.

Welcome Evy and Jeanne. So gald you have joined us. this is just the very best place in the world to get inspiration, help when you need it and most importantly hugs and friends.

My grandmother was Eveyln but she was always known as Evy

Hi Meg And Bekah!

I wish my name was short for something, but that's it! Just plain'ol Evy, kind of strange huh? Yeah Meg, my sewing room now is about a 10' by 10'. And it is FULL!!! I would hate to turn my guest room into a LA room because we get allot of company, not to mention we use it as our home office as well. I do have fleeting thoughts of taking over the garage... my DH is not aware of those thoughts though!!! LOL

:D Cuz that is like "his" space! Our last house was huge and I would have had the room, but it was allot to keep up after our son moved out and married... so here we are in a much smaller house, but the mortgage is smaller too so that's a plus! Hmmmm, maybe an addition???

Evy

Welcome to our crazy family of quilters Evy and Jeanne. We love to see pictures and we will answer any questions you may have and believe me we ask each other a LOT of questions. We laugh WITH each other about a lot of things and we hug and cry with each other too.....and we are truly here for each other. So welcome, because whatever it is we can do for each

other we will try our darndest to do........we're just crazy for quilting. ;)

Renae

Welcome newbies. I was a lurker for four years until I attended MQS this year. They found me out and, well, now I can't keep my mouth shut. It's fun because everyone makes you feel like family. Yes, we love pictures for inspiration. There are topics other than quilting too--like recipes. and anything that is not quilt related gets posted with NQR so we know.

Hope to see you again soon. . .

Evy,

I made DH use the guest room for his office - he's off at work or traveling most of the time anyway. Then at our other place - also small - I had fixed the 3rd room up for his space. He didn't use it enough so I kicked him out...LOL and it's mine now and it got my DSM out of the living room. Got tired of covering it up every time we had company. Now I just clean up my sewing room and let everyone see what's on my design board. Sometimes I even make a sale. Boy am I greedy. I will have the same set up there as I do here - tight but perfect!! Happy, happy, happy:D

Now you have to hurry up and get your LA - it is way too fun and so much to learn. Can't get old when you have so much to learn. Busy minds keep us young.

Hi Linda,

I have a Gammill Optimum Plus, I have been quilting for most of my life and longarming for about a year and a half.

I'm loving it!

I have a wonderful husband, and three grown daughters, two beautiful grandaughters that are my heart & joy.

This place seems like a great place to be, one more positive to longarming!

Archived