Millie is Here!

Fed Ex delivered my new Millie to my father-in-law's house in town yesterday afternoon about 3pm and my dearest husband went to town (about 22 miles from us) and picked it up. It is downstairs in its new room waiting for us to put it together today! Exciting!

Congrtulations Jana

You are going to have a wonderful time. I have had my machine just a week now and am having so much fun. At this rate I will have all my tops quilted and then have to go make some more just so I can quilt them. Before it was the opposite way. I made the tops and then went on to make another because I didnt' want to quilt it. Was too much trouble to bother quilting it and not really being happy with it after I was done. Even with just one week of practice I am already gaining my confidence, I CAN DI IT!! AND SO CAN YOU, REALLY YOU WILL BE AMAZED!! Jeanne

Congratulations. ARe you handing out cigars?:P Seriously that is wonderful. Don't forget we are all here to help. some of are here more than others so not sure I would be much help, but Shana, Mary Beth, and Bonnie and a few others are such good teachers and huggers

Linda--I got a refurbished Millie from APQS that was all ready crated and ready to ship--I placed the order with Joanne on Sunday and I got it the following Friday.

We did get it put together yesterday but haven't summoned the energy to get her threaded and turned on--we have both been very under the weather. It only took us about 2 1/2 hours to do it--Joanne was right, the manual is easy to understand. And I have one of those amazing husbands--he can do anything.

Thanks so much ladies for all the encouragement!! I think I feel so much better today I will get her going.

Yep, Linda, that is exactly what I got. AND--she is up and running, I managed to get a fake quilt (old sheets and batting) loaded and even "quilted" for a while this afternoon--it is absolutely wonderful.

Can anyone give me any pointers on just exactly how hard or rather easy it should be to move the machine while quilting?

Janna,

You should be able to move the machine pretty easily. If you give it a good push it should travel about 2 ft or more. If it doesn't then your wheels are either too tight or the trusses in your table are too high (only if you have a 14 ft table). Another problem it could be is that teh leveler bar is too low and hitting the base of the machine.

Archived