Finally something for me

Thank you for the nice words.

There is not really a pattern for this quilt. I knew I wanted a star and I wanted 12" blocks. I drew it on EQ6 and just put it together. Some of the blocks have civil war scenes in the center and some have just fabric. All of the blocks are the same star.

I love your quilt Saundra and so glad you got the pictures bigger. You really did a great job on your quilt and designing it yourself is wonderful, my hat if off to you. I love the picture fabric, I have never seen anything like that. I love Civil War quilts and I love the stars in yours ......you did a great job.

Renae

Hi Saundra, My very first block of the month that I did was out of civil war fabrics. After I finished it, I put the blocks together and gave it to my DS & wifey. I've always been a bit sorry that I gave it away. I'm glad that you are keeping yours. Maybe I'll get out the patterns from that BOM and make me another one. One of the blocks was a Martha Washington block, and after I found out that I was related to her by marriage, I'm really sad that I gave that quilt away. OH Well, They enjoy it and snuggle under it as they watch TV.

And look at you, Not only did you post a picture, you posted multipul pictures. Great job on both the pics and the quilt. :cool:

Patty Jo, I kept your explaination for multipul pictures in my favorites. My DD came over and we finally figured out how to post......your directions were very good. Thank you for posting them. I am overwhelmed by the nice comments on the quilt. Now if I can figure out how to get my signature here I will be a happy camper.

Saundra

OMG, I love your quilt!!! I'm a hugh civil war buff, maybe being from the Gettysburg area has something to do with it.

I did the Civil War Daries Quilt and used the picture fabric for my backing but I love what you did!!! Now I'll have to track down some more fabric, yahoo!!!!

Archived