Anxiously awaiting "Abby"

I've finally taken the time to sit down and say "HELLO" to everyone out there! Nearly going crazy awaiting the arrival of "Abby". She isn't even here yet and I've already named her! (Gee, I hope it's not a boy....) LOL Dreamed, looked and studied for so-o-o-o-o long on what machine to finally take the plunge with. I've been using an HQ frame with a Brother PQ but after several quilts just couldn't get the tension to work properly no matter what I tried. Decided I would just start piling up my "top" stash and quit the quilting part as I always had to make a margarita before starting to quilt and usually during the process! My mother was anxious to see me with a good quilting machine due to the fact when I first began piecing five or six years ago I created a monster in her and then her sister and they have accumulated quite the stash of tops to be finished! Although, my aunt has more patience than I and will hand-quilt each project before she begins another. I on the other hand can get halfway through one top and be thinking about cutting out the next! Test drove an HQ16 with regulator and then found a shop with a Lenni around three hours away. I was going to try a Gammill as well, but after reading so many entries in this forum I began leaning towards the Lenni. That and the fact I have limited amount of space available at home and the break-apart table will be MUCH easier to carry up our stairwell. My mother surprised me while test-driving the Lenni by placing an order for our very own! I was going to save up for one but she said her stash of tops is just getting out of hand and I need to quilt them up for her! I still burst into tears just thinking about it. She insists it's "my" machine and I insist it's "her" baby and I'll just be "sitting". :-) Hopefully, I won't have too many start-up problems but I'll know where to come if I do! You ALL are wonderful! I'm also a bit anxious to see how my husband of two years will react to my "quilting" side as he really hasn't witnessed it to date! Well, I'd best be off. Must set-up the "baby's" room some more when I get off work here, and wait.....wait.....wait.....!

Kat

Welcome to the forum and to the APQS family! What a wonderful surprise from your mom to you! Congratulations on your upcoming new Lenni, I know you will have hours and hours of fun with it...and you have alot of tops to practice on. Life is grand, isn't it? Please if you have any questions feel free to ask us, we are here to help you!

Congrats!

My Lenni is only about a month out of the womb and I can tell you she is one fine baby girl. I have not had a single regret. She is just perfect for my pocket book and my space and she sits so patiently waiting for me to complete another top she can help me finish. You and you mother will just be thrilled. You'll take pictures and carry in your purse and show to people when they ask about you family. Enjoy!:P:P

Great to hear we have a new Lenni sister on her way. My that APQS Lenni stork has been busy delivering this year. Must have been a furtile year this year. Sylvia's in July, Mine in August and now another in Sept. and many more I am sure. I have finished 3 baby size tops and 4 practice pieces. So yes you will be very busy with all your and your moms tops. good luck and have a blast. It is as good or better than making the tops. Congratulations.

Also so easy to assemble and get going anyone can do it with no problems. So excited for you. Jeanne

Such an exciting event - I have had my baby (Miss Ribbit - millie) for 2 months now and just love her and everything I am doing. Welcome to our family here - it is just the very best place!! Tell you Mom how wonderful she is - oh - to have such a mom!!! :) You are going to have such a great time - and mom will love her quilts.!!!!!

You are NOT going to regret this birth!!! It has given my quilting all new life. Now I never have to worry one bit about finishing my own quilts. Just be patient and love her and she will love you back. Just like real children there may be a day you decide you don't like her but you will still love her. After a few hours you will all make up and the relationship will be great again! Have fun and post pictures for us to ahhhhhhh over! :D

Still learning how to use forum....:-) SHE'S HERE!!!! Going Thursday to have some training at the store and then pack her up for home! I also MUST make an amendment to my first log. I was so excited over Abby and SO stressed out about some issues elsewhere I forgot to mention my sister, Lynn, who will be learning to long-arm on Abby. I was informed today, under no uncertain terms, that we "us girls" are 'sposed to share! And so it begins! :-) I told her she can log-on here and tell you guys how I surely will be hogging Abby at all ours of the day and I'm a spoiled, little, baby sister! I haven't told her that it's been a dream of mine for a long time to start a business with her of just quilting or "Quilting and Cakes". She makes the most magnificent, gorgeous cakes you've ever seen. I'll have to post a photo of the wedding cake she made for my wedding. (Okay, so I'm kissing up....but it's true) Sorry! In case you get back on-line at work tonite - I love you and you can use Abby anytime you want....well.....when I'm not working with her......or when I'm having a meeting with her......or.... :-) Just kidding! I still can't believe you wanted to name her Sadie instead of Abigail..........I'm telling Mom.....

Kat

oh boy, Quilting sisters we are in for some fun. My sister quilts too, but we are separated by about 1100 miles and we have to take turns visiting each other twice a year for a quilting retreat. It is her turn to come to SC next month. I already went to Vermont in April. Now she is so jealous of Lenni she can hardly stand it. but is coming equiped with quilt tops and yes I will share Little Miss Lenni with big sister while she is here. Can't wait to see how long before she orders one for herself. Trouble is she just bought a top of the line Pfaff embroidery machine a few months ago. Now she must wait until that is paid for before getting anything else. Quilting Sister are the greatest friends ever and an added bonus. Jeanne

Its been months since I got my Liberty and I am still so excited. But been canning Veg's for the last month. I am so excited to get back at that Liberty. Hopefully by next week. That Darn DH planted such a huge garden this year. But I should not have to purchase veg's all winter.

Yay! She's home! Went and picked her up yesterday. It was raining, so thank goodness for my sister's stow-n-go seating in the van! After having a beginner's class and playing on a Millennium, she now realizes why mom and I thought the Lenni would be a perfect starting machine without having to knock out a wall! ;) We're going to try and set her up this evening but we'll probably have to wait until Sunday to play as Lynn and I are working this weekend. Hopefully, Mom will get the courage to play on her own. She's still a bit intimidated. Another 'Thank Goodness' we opted not to start off with Millennium and "all those darn buttons" she hates! Well, must be off. (shhhh....I'm at work....and using the computer for personal use....oh no!):P

Hopefully, I'll be able to figure out how to get photos on here soon! Take care and God Bless. Happy Stitchin'.

kat

It's Saturday, raining, and I'm here at work:(. Oh well, how else will I pay for all that extra fabric I'm going to need!:D Abby is being very patient, although I thought I heard the faintest of rustlings early this morning around 1:39am; which is when I woke up - wide awake. Hmmmm, maybe she was calling to me!:D I'm one of those insomniacs so ya'll know where I'll be in the wee hours of the mornings! I haven't slept in her room with her yet, but I've sat and stared at the pieces and parts all laid out on the floor, ready to be assembled. I just cannot wait - and yes, it's very hard to stand it!!!! Hoping, to get started this evening, although I think 'the husband' wants to go out to dinner. I've tried to explain to him that I DON'T have time to eat! I've got quilting to do! Alas, he has yet to begin to understand. Well, I must be off. (In more ways than one :P!) Will keep you posted! God Bless and Happy Stitchin'

kat

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! Gosh, it's been a bit since I've had time to chat. I have a niece getting married October 11th and a step-daughter whos divorce hearing is October 15th. Boy, do I need some quilting time! Well, started putting Abby together last weekend and noticed we had no wheels for the lower carriage! Arrgghh! We recieved some more parts in the mail the other day and are hoping to finish her up tonite. Ya'll keep your fingers crossed for me that we finally manage to assemble Abby completely! :-) Hopefully, Murphy's Law is done with me when I turn Abby on as yesterday I was stitching some patches on a leather jacket for my grandson when fabric became caught above the needle bar (unbeknowst to me) and, needless to say, now my sewing machine will be in the shop getting repaired! :-( I knew I should have stopped when I'd sewn the patch on crooked the first time, then upside down the second......Does anyone else have days like that?:P Well, I'm at work and must be going. Will update upon assembly!

Gee Kat, that sounds like a pretty normal day to me..?!!

Murphy is my shadow, he goes in and out with me..and what can be the use of him is more than i can see...

Good luck and God Bless.. Remember.. breathe, relax and finger tip control on the handles.. use SR to start and you won't break needles.. thats a scary situation.

RitaR

Archived