Any Mark Lipinski fans?

ffq-lar

Shhhhhhh...

Don't share with everybody but.....

Mark Lipinski is booked in April of 2010 to do a workshop/trunk show/lecture for my Guild as a celebration for our 10th anniversary. We are so excited!

Not only that, but every other year we have an auction as a fund-raiser. Lots of goodies, trips, baskets, "slave nights", retreats, merchandise, and gift certificates are auctioned--both silent and live. Mark Lipinski is slated to be our auctioneer!

As the date gets closer, I will let you know more details--if anyone is interested in coming to Olympia for some fun!

Well, now I wasn't planning to go to MQX....but my birthday is in April so maybe I can run over to Boston to see Shana for a day and then fly out to see you and Mark L...., but then I would need to bring Siana as she things she is his new best friend after last April's MQX...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm food for thought for sure.

post--1346190235757_thumb.jpg

I'm a Mark fan! How exciting! Great picture Bonnie! Wish I could go...

I have a Mark Lipinski story...

When Mark's new line Califon came out a few years ago - I ordered the entire line. It was my first "large" order ever.

A few weeks later, Kelley, my DH called me an said he had a strange phone call. He almost hung up on the '"guy". The "guy" was Mark Lipinski calling all of the shops who had ordered his entire line of fabric and thanking them in person! ... and of course, Kelley did not know who Mark Lipinski was - yikes!

Needless to say, I was soooo disappointed I didn't talk to Mark myself. I emailed him and thanked him profusely (is that spelled correctly) for calling us. Personally, I thought it was an awesome kiss-up email...but alas all I got in return was an email that stated "Check out my website - dude!"

Oh well - it's still was exciting to know he called. He seems to be genuinely sincere and way funny! He has got to be a hoot!

Originally posted by hmerrill

Be sure to wear your depends! He is hilarious!

Originally posted by DoryJM

.....I love Mark; I thought his podcast with Annie Smith was hysterical. He just seems to be a genuinely nice and very talented guy.

Isn't it wonderful to have such fun and such creativity and such inclusion our little quilty world? Life is good, isn't it? Our quilty world is a better place when you have lots of fun and creative people like Mark Lapinski living it. In Bonnie's photo with Siana sitting on his lap, he looks like a real nice good-hearted guy...Like you can look right into his eyes and see his soul shining in there.

Yes Linda, count me in too. Nora and I could ride up together and then hit a few LQS's on the way home!!! Is that ok with you Nora? Just give me the particulars when you get them. Thanks for keeping this quiet so that only a few of us know about it - Yea Right!!:D;):D

Here is a Mark story--tickets to his joke fest/lecture at the Sewing and Stitchery Expo sold out immediately but one of my quilty buddies snagged a ticket. She is a bit larger than life herself, so she stood in line an extra hour before the show so she could get a seat up close to the action. In the midst of the talk, her unsilenced cellphone rang (another buddy calling her to see if she had gotten a good seat) Mark stopped the talk, demanded she hand over her cell, and sweetly answered it! "Hi" he says"Who is this? Oh, hi Karen--your friend can't come to the phone. What are you wearing?" The place exploded with laughter! I don't know which of my two friends enjoyed it more!!:P

Originally posted by ffq-lar

Here is a Mark story--tickets to his joke fest/lecture at the Sewing and Stitchery Expo sold out immediately but one of my quilty buddies snagged a ticket. She is a bit larger than life herself, so she stood in line an extra hour before the show so she could get a seat up close to the action. In the midst of the talk, her unsilenced cellphone rang (another buddy calling her to see if she had gotten a good seat) Mark stopped the talk, demanded she hand over her cell, and sweetly answered it! "Hi" he says"Who is this? Oh, hi Karen--your friend can't come to the phone. What are you wearing?" The place exploded with laughter! I don't know which of my two friends enjoyed it more!!:P

He did this same thing to Deloa and Dave while we were MQX.....not to sure who had more fun Dave, or the SIL on the other end.

Archived