Hi Kristina,

Did you get the 9/16 one? or the 1/2 inch? Just out of interest though in case they ever get to ship internationally.

I dont see why they can't ship internationally though, Deloa sent me a ruler for only $5 shipping and it got here safe and sound.

Thanks.

Hi Kristina,

Did you get the 9/16 one? or the 1/2 inch? Just out of interest though in case they ever get to ship internationally.

I dont see why they can't ship internationally though, Deloa sent me a ruler for only $5 shipping and it got here safe and sound.

Thanks.

I just got mine in the mail yesterday.

Question - Did you use a base on your machine or is the tool small enough to not need it?

If it works as slick as it looks, I may even end up liking binding. It is really not my favorite thing now. Could explain why so many things get to that point and sit forever!

I just got mine in the mail yesterday.

Question - Did you use a base on your machine or is the tool small enough to not need it?

If it works as slick as it looks, I may even end up liking binding. It is really not my favorite thing now. Could explain why so many things get to that point and sit forever!

I purchased the 9/16" one for apqs machines...and i left my rulermate on!

i did find however that in order to slide the ruler along...my hopping foot needed to be at its high position or at least only halfway down. In the lowest position...the needle screw was hitting the ruler...and caused it to be tight and not move slide well.

I purchased the 9/16" one for apqs machines...and i left my rulermate on!

i did find however that in order to slide the ruler along...my hopping foot needed to be at its high position or at least only halfway down. In the lowest position...the needle screw was hitting the ruler...and caused it to be tight and not move slide well.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got the chance to use the binding tool today. Found that pinning the binding occasionally helps alot. Took a little getting used to for a left handed Lenni user, my hands were getting crossed up. With a little more practice is is going to be way better than putting binding on with the DSM!

I've found it easier to apply the binding after all the quilting is done. I just roll back to the top and go from there. Then I don't have to have the tails of the binding getting loose or in my way.

I ordered a tool called Line Tamer which is for SID, but I think it will work well for bindings, too. Will let you know how it works. It's from Four Paws Quilting. :)

Archived