A new year's swap

Here are the people signed up so far. This is a huge group, lots of new people which is really great. Please be sure you're going to follow through. Everybody has until Dec. 15th to sign up or drop off the list.

Barbara Goodson

Trish McComas

Saundra Marquis

Susan Ramey

Lyn Crump

Pam Hish

Pamela Sperling

Sheri Butler

Sylvia Blissett

Terri VanderBosch

Ruthie Wasmuth

Satu Simmons

Melora Neminski

Elizabeth Alexander Pukerand

Karen Simons

Peggy Lucas

Bev Hogan

Janice Davis

Bobbi Patillo

Coleen O'Kane

Jennifer Ward

Dory Miller

karen Lesueur

Margie Wakefield

Jolene Kneemiller

Bonnie Botts

Bobbi Brady

Jeanne Rumans

Shannon Kratochvil

Bonnie Russel

Roberta Wright

Laura Hendrickson

Susanne Hughes

Rita Kilpatrick

Maree Ratcliff

Cindy Lowe

Kristie Watson

Martha Provencher

Nancy Jo Smith

Marylyn Jones

Celia Swain

Brad Wakefield

Sue O'Brien

Denise Cornett

Laura Kroeker

April Wright

Marlette Louisin

Karen Bennett

Gerri Smit

Brendalee Haunschild

Holly Weisberger

Dianne Brodin

Merry Jo Rembold

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Teresa, I think we need to clarify the "pastel" situation.

30s fabrics come in softer and some medium toned colors. Ex: the reds are red as we know it from the original 12 colored box of crayons. I think as long as we use the 30's repo fabrics, that should be good enough. Why have everyone go out shopping just to hunt down "pastel's?" 30's fabrics are just that. ... 30's fabrics.

My suggestion is as long as it's from like...one of the lines bonnie has suggested on the page before...were good to go.

Am I all wet? or NOT? LOL!

Susanne in Queensland, you speak words of wisdom. Thank you for the information. We sometimes must learn the hard way to appreciate the small gifts in our lives. For you to participate in an exchange like this is costing you that much more than we're paying. That's loyalty to the cause. Quilters Rock!!:)

I have to agree with Sherry. I was out shopping today. My LQS had alot of 1930's reproduction fabric, but the lady who helped me locate it told me they didn't have pastels in the 1930's and that the fabric producers tried to be as close to the original fabric as possible. They did have alot of soft shades that I would have considered pastel, but it made me wonder if they would be acceptable. I haven't bought any yet because I wanted to see if anyone else ran into the same thing.

Personally, I think some of them looked pastel :P. I also have some leftover from trying to put my grandmothers quilt together and I thought that would work too.

Okay, I have to admit that they had so much really cute fabric that I wanted to buy it all, it would be fun to have a bigger selection to choose from :D, but I am okay with whatever everyone else wants to do :)

Marty, could you post a picture of your idea? Some muslin's are coarse weave and I wouldn't want that. I have a nice muslin, but it isn't the same as the nice 30's fabric.

I suppose if we're aiming to be retro and stay in the era, the muslin WOULD be a little less than perfect. eh?

What do you historians say?

I am not a historian, but from the things I have read, muslin was used on most tops when a solid was required. I have quilted more than my share of older tops (made during that time), and muslin has always been mixed with the feedsack fabrics. As has been stated there are many weights and weaves of muslin, I plan to use one that is about a 200 count, very nice and pretty.

Saundra

Archived