A new year's swap

Shame on you girls for jumping the gun and getting the blocks started. Actually I am jealous. I do have my patterns chosen and the fabric purchased. My LQS said 30s doesn't sell well so hers were marked down!!!! I bought extra good muslin so you all would not be ashamed to get one of my blocks in the exchange. I hope someone posts the sign or no sign rules somewhere easy to see. I have already voted for sign.:D:D:D

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi girls

I would love to have everyone sign my blocks, as someone said previously, it would be like having them touched by love.

I am just working on my husband quilt, he wanted an Eagle Quilt as it was his Regiments Insignia (way way back in his Army days) SO silly me picked the Freedom Eagle from Linda Hibberts Silver Lining pattern range. I am working on one piece of tail section that is about 3 inches long by 1 1/2 inches wide and had 13 pieces in it. Just as well I like paper piecing. The skill level said challenging maybe it should have said "out of your mind"

I know it will get put aside when my muslin arrives - hopefully this week:o:o

As long as I get it finished by May he will be happy.

I just want to say, having lurked for some years I am so happy I finally started talking on this forum. Everyone seems so friendly and caring. God gave quilters a special talent and we see good where ever we go.

Back to the Eagle

Cheers for now

Karen

I'm so excited, Just have to share my news.

I had the biggest surprise in the mail.

Dianne kindly offered to post a sample of US natural muslin for us Aussies and can it be said that she is a very kind, generous lady!

Theres enough there to complete the swap me thinks! And there was even some georgeous 30's prints aswell. It's like Christmas come early. I still can't belive it. I'm walking around, grinning like a Cheshire cat :):):) The muslin is the best quality, feels lovely. Much better than the stuff I'd been looking at here. The prints simply yummy.

Soooo Ladies, I'm ready to go, I have the fabric, all I need do is choose my block(s)

Thankyou Dianne, I'm so lucky!

Quilters are wonderful people.

Cheers

Satu, who's off now to look at more 30s blocks :)

I just feel so lucky. When I arrived home yesterday I had the BEST surprise. Dianne had kindly offered to send some samples of 1930 fabric. What I received was enough material to make lots of blocks. It is in amazing colurs and such good quality. I just can't believe it, it was so unexpected. She is such a generous lady.

I have sent a U2U thanking her personally, but just had to let everyone know. I just love being part of this forum.

Thankyou so very much.

Satu and Maree, You are both very welcome. I'm glad that you both liked the fabric that I sent. I wasn't sure if the muslin was the same here as in Australia and thought that if anyone down your way needed some it wasn't a big deal for me to put some in the mail. I'm not big on 1930's prints and had a bunch so I thought I would share. I was also blown away with how much fabric costs you guys. I know that several ladies stated that they wanted to help their local economies which is a lovely thought, but I think you guys are paying twice as much as we are in the USA. Soooo enjoy the fabrics, I'm glad it brightened your days. Have fun making your blocks. Maybe I'll be on one of your lists.

Dianne

Hello Teresa,

I was sitting last night, looking at blocks to do for the exchange. Decisions, decisions!!!!! Oh woe is me!!!:D

I am now leaning , in a definitely - most likely - maybe - way, to doing the Goose in the Pond - Missouri Puzzle -

Bachelor's Puzzle block. (they all seem to be the same block.)

Bobbie made the suggestion of a different thread to cover the list of who is involved. Do you think it might be an idea, next to everyone's name, to put what block they intend to do? That means that we are not going to end up with 12 Rolling Stone blocks and three not! ...........Just a suggesting to add another degree of difficutly to this exchange. :P:P

I really admire how you can pull all this together.

Regards,

I managed to find a website that had a lot of the 1930's patterns from the Kansas City Star. I think I will be doing the Double T, Crazy Ann or Garden Walk. Just can't decide.

I am trying to be patient waiting for my muslin to arrive but was very disappointed on Friday when the postie wouldn't, couldn't deliver it. Of well there is always Monday.

My 1930's fabric is sitting there looking at me.

Cheers for now

Karen

My chosen block is called 'building blocks'. It's dated 1929 so it makes the grade. It's simple and allows the 30's fabrics to shine in all their glory. I completed the test block last night and I like it :)

Would love to have done some cute needle turn applique blocks but its not the right time of year for any added stress. I like to get things done and send them out asap. I'm hoping to have them all completed by the time I receive my swap buddies names.

If I get fed up with the construction of this block I may find another to do, I don't think it matters that the blocks I send are not all the same?

A list of people and the blocks they are making would be great, but not fool proof as so many blocks have so many different names. I don't think it matters if there should be a repeat block as the fabric would be different along with the signature. And Yes, I would dearly love to have all my blocks signed. Name, Date, City and Country.

Cheers and happy sewing

Satu

I have Eleanor Burns "Egg Money Quilts" book which has patterns for several 1930's blocks in a finished 12" block. I have been going back and forth for weeks, and was thinking of doing several different ones. But since you all are listing yours so we don't have duplicates I have settled on a block called Friendship. Aka Signature and Celebrity.

I picked this one because I think we are all friends around here and this expresses my sentament :). Plus, I think it is pretty.

I would like signatures on mine.

Archived