Check out this sashing

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Carol. It is a strip club pattern called 4 Square. The pattern is at http://www.cozyquilt.com/aspx/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=471.

I'm speechless. A comment from Renae H. I don't even know what to say other than thanks. Your arcs made the circles really easy to do!!!

You guys are all way too kind. Look really close at the second picture. There's a big boo-boo in the quilting in one of the blocks. I did the same boo-boo a second time in a block that doesn't show in the picture. I'll call them my humility blocks!! :P:P

Only a machine quilter would be able to catch it. I didn't see it until I had the quilt off the machine. For a show, I would have ripped out the boo-boos. But decided to go ahead and leave both of them. A judge would have definitely found the boo-boos. Can you find it???

Debbi

Just checking in for the first time in ages and I get to gaze at this beauty. Oh my gosh Debbie that is absolutely stunning. I am in awe. Thank you for sharing your talent with us. I am going to print it out and hang it up for inspiration. It looks like it took ages. It would take me weeks I bet

Oh, I see it now. These are half log cabin blocks set with sashing and cornerstones! Same block I used in Christmas quilt I posted last week. I love half log cabins... so much you can do with these, especially if you add clever settings, like this. I want to make this quilt. Great potential as a stash buster and wonderful quilting opportunities. I LOVE this quilt! Very inspiring. So glad you posted.

Debbie,

As I said before, this is just jaw-dropping gorgeous!!! I have a question though: are the light sashings and dark cornerstones smaller than the logs in the log cabin blocks? That's the way my computer is showing them, but I don't always trust my computer!;)

Good point Heidi. :P:P

I'd like to believe that it was skill. It's more likely a ID-10-T error. :P:P Not once, but twice. :o Like dumb and dumber?? :o:o

Yes Barb. The dark logs are 2 1/2 in strips. The light logs and sashings are 2 inch strips. I first thought it was a misprint in the pattern and double checked all of the calculations before cutting the 2 inch strips. :P

Debbi

Hey Debbi, well I went back and tried to find the boo boo but my eyes kept filling with tears of joy and I could't see. So I must ask this: Which quilt police have a law that says ya gotta have all them feathers twirling the same direction? I would never notice this and I doubt the judges would see it either unless they had like 5 hours to use a microsope and a fine toothed comb and who has that kind of time anyway?

You rock!

I have opened this thread three times already today and can't get any farther than absorbing the look of those pictures. That quilting is soooooo goooooood!!! I immediately found a paper and pen to try to get the design out of my fingers. It will take awhile.

Thanks for sharing it and to Deloa and Jessica for teaching you.

Originally posted by dtreusch

Good point Heidi. :P:P

I'd like to believe that it was skill. It's more likely a ID-10-T error. :P:P Not once, but twice. :o Like dumb and dumber?? :o:o

Debbi

Now Debbi you can look at it this way, you proved that you could do it once but proving that you could replicate the direction change twice proves that you are very skilled indeed and it isn't just beginners luck! :P:P:P

Archived