New Years/30's Blocks THANK YOU'S!!!!

bobbi

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My blocks went out today girls, so if your on my list, watch that mail box. Susanne Hughes, I hope that I addressed yours correctly. I have never sent anything out of the states before. There seemed to be so many lines :). Let me know if you don't get it in a reasonable amount of time.

Peggy

Thank you Peggy Lucas for the beautifully hand pieced hexagonal Grandmother's Flower Garden block. It is exquisitely done! You went far beyond the call of duty!

I found this quote on Womenfolk.com

One of the best loved vintage quilts is the Grandmother's Flower Garden. These hexagon quilts of bright pastel prints can be found in antique shops, flea markets and attics but very few new ones are made. There is a good reason for this. This is a very labor intensive quilt pattern, usually pieced and quilted by hand.

PEGGY LUCAS and SUSAN RAMEY!!!

Thank you for your beautiful blocks! Peggy, I ditto everything said above about your block. They are both just fabulous and I love the colors in both, Thanks for the info on Oceanside, Susan. That makes 13 blocks for me. I can hardly wait to put this together. Maybe on the next swap it can be over 3 months instead of 6. Can anyone tell I'm antsy to get to it?:P

Eurika!!! Just got back from the PO and got TWO new blocks!!! One from Peggy L and one from Margie W - I LOVE them! Thanks sooo much! Now I have 11!

Here they are:

Bobbi P, Satu, Janice D, Peggy L,

Jen W, Bev H, Bonnie B, Karen L

Ruthie, Melora, Margie W

I have to agree with Janice, 3 months would be better than 6 for the next swap... The only thing I seem to procrastinate about lately is my cleaning!!! Good heavens! I better get crackin' - can barely read the computer thru the dust!

post--13461901595542_thumb.jpg

Archived