New Years/30's Blocks THANK YOU'S!!!!

bobbi

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brendalee's block arrived yesterday. The design and fabric are great and will go very well with the others. I am amazed at the variations in fabrics, all are 30's but still very different. This is going to be such a fun quilt.

Pamela

A "Special Thank You" goes out to Brenda Lee, and Denise Cornett. When we returned home Saturday two surprises were waiting for me. Extra special because the 30th was my birthday. Both blocks had green in them, and they go together so nice. Thanks again,

Thanks Terri V. Lovely block. I love it :)

That's the last one for me. I'm done! How excitement :P

WoW 16 (17 including my extra) beautiful bouncing 30's blocks all ready to put together in to a fantastic quilt which I shall forever treasure.

Thank You all very much and thanks again to Teresa for making this happen. It's been a lot of fun

Cheers

Satu

:cool: So whats our next swap? any ideas? :cool:

Just got home from another quilt show and I had two blocks in the mail....Thank you Marlette for the block and the info...what fun to read these things.

Also a Thank you to Brendalee for your block I especially like the green fabric.

This makes 14 for me, I am looking forward to receiving my last 2 blocks so I can start on this wonderful quilt.

Many thanks to Brenalee Haunschild and Denise Cornett. I received both blocks today, bringing my total to 14! I love the colors and the pattern in both blocks! Also received a thank you note from Trish McComas, so now I know that all of my blocks made it to their new homes safely!

Gloria

Cindy!!! WOW!!

Am I the first one to get your package? not 1, not 2, but 3 blocks from you. All very well done. the first block is a Sunbonnet Sue (I love it) and the other two are pieced blocks; a Crystal Star from the Kansas City Star and the other in orange and cream (did you send me Orange on Purpose or was it a happy accident?) we don't know the name of And an ornament and a pattern AND a note pad (w/pen and magnet)!!!! When do you sleep?

Thank you so much for your generosity. It came at the perfect time too. I have to go to California a week from today and take care of my mom while she is undergoing Chemo and radiation treatments. The cancer is 85% curable according to the doctor, but the cure is scary for a woman of her age. I've been down in the dumps about it because I'm really not fond of California, especially in the late spring early summer and summer for that matter. To top it off I had to cancel my trip to MQS. I know... bummer

You really cheered me up. Thank you.

I got block 13 and 14 today as well....Mine were a lovely basket block from Terry VB and a beautiful Churn Dash from Jolene. Thanks ladies....now just need to be patient and wait for the last two to arrive.

Thank you very much for your block that makes 14 for me.

I love the colours. Can't wait to try quilting the patterns from the card and the inside of the envelope too. Very much a freehand quilters type of floral design.

Two to go before I start piecing this top. Have worked out what border I am doing but not much else.

Will have to piece my Fall Swap ones later in the month, no time at the moment.

Lyn

Wow!! Did I get a big squishy today! It was from CIndy, a.k.a. gsleader. Thank you so much for 3 blocks. Sunbonnet Sue is one of my favorites!! The other 2 are both different from all my others so you really hit the jackpot for me. Also, those little pot grabbers a cute...haven't seen them before. I enjoyed reading the Kansas City Star page too.

Since I am panning on making my quilt larger I am making extra blocks..now I can do 2 less than I thought. Yay!

I finally got on the chat room. I don't usually participate and when I tried to, my password wouldn't work. But, with the help of Heidi, I am now in business. In case you did not receive my thank you note yet, I want to publclly thank everyone on the forum who have sent me blocks. They are: Denise Cornett; Laura Kroeker; Mariette Lousin; Karen Bennett; Gerri Smit; BrendaLee; Holly Weisberger; Merry Jo Rembold; Karol Kusmaul; Gloria Garretson; Brad Wakefield; Patty Jo; Teresa T; and Barb Goodson. I am still looking for a block from Dianne Brodin and April Wright and then I am gonna put this sucker together. I am going to add sashing in violet and add a border(s) to make it queen sized. Then, all the other quilts in line will have to wait so I can put it on Henry to quilt. I am very excited. The blocks are all so beautiful, I know I will take some time to arrange them. Again, thanks. This was so much fun.

Trish McComas

Indianapolis, Indiana

Queen Bee of A to Z

Recieved an awesome block from Brendalee today. Don't know the name of the block but I love it.

Thanks Brendalee.

I think I have one more to go. I think it is from Geri, I U2U my address to her, at her request but haven't heard back from her yet.

Being layed up after foot surgery, I am soooo excited to get the mail each day.

Thank you to the follwoing ladies for yesterdays and todays delight

Rita Kilpatrick - wonderful log cabin

Denise Cornett - beautiful christian cross and thanks for the prayers i am healing well, so they are working!

Cindy Lowe - As my son said "wow Mom, she did even more than the assignment!" You did great extra credit!!! Thank you so much for the extra blocks and the christmas ornament will be hung on my tree with pride and fond memories. My kids like the bag idea too! Thanks for the goodies!

Also, Nadia Wilson I had mentioned this earlier in the thread I did recieve your block and it is beautiful. Nicely done. Also thank you for calling me to explain that the come and go lists aren't the same. This is the first time I have played the game. I love it! It has been so fun getting mail that isn't bills!!!!!

Thank you all for this experience and thank you Theresa for doing this for us.

Archived