New Years/30's Blocks THANK YOU'S!!!!

bobbi

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow after the long week end I went to my mail box and had two squishy packages for me.

One from Laura Hendrickson with a beautiful blue block with curves and postcards from North Dakota. Both were very cute.

The other from Suzanne Hughes in Australia which contanined a wonderful lavendar block and book on Koala bears. I will definately start reading that when I get off work today.

Thanks to both of you.

Laura Hendrickson, thanks for the beautifully stitched block! That's really unusual muslin...finer weave than I've seen before and a little heavier weight. I like it. Where did you buy it?

Thanks too for the postcards! We'll probably be driving through ND on our way home from MT in Sept. Sure hope it doesn't snow!:D

I got another squishy yesterday. It was from Dianne Brodin. I really like the purple fabric and yes it will go great with my other blocks. I guess I had better start thinking about layouts and sashing fabrics now. This is going to be a very special quilt. Thank-you all that sent your blocks.

Pamela

Originally posted by Marlette

Laura Hendrickson, thanks for the beautifully stitched block! That's really unusual muslin...finer weave than I've seen before and a little heavier weight. I like it. Where did you buy it?

Thanks too for the postcards! We'll probably be driving through ND on our way home from MT in Sept. Sure hope it doesn't snow!:D

I bought the muslin at LQS, I thought it was very nice for muslin. I hope we don't have snow in Sept either. :D But one never know here.

Laura Hendrickson and Susanne Hughes,

Thank you for the beautiful blocks. I love the colors and the skill. Thanks for the great Koala book and the post cards.

I only have one more to go and I have them all! Yahoo, now I just have to figure out what to do to make it look cool.

Brendalee

I have also seen vintage quilts with that pink and green fabric/colors. I'm asking from an historical viewpoint, "Were feed sacks made of that material and that's all they had, or was it just a poplular color?"

Holly, did you use quilter's cotton? What manufacturer? I haven't been out much lately to see what's new.

BTW Congratulations Teresa! YOU DESERVE THOSE BLOCKS!

My thanks to all on your list for completing your blocks for Teresa! Yahhhhhhhhh:P

Originally posted by chickenscratch

I HAVE 16!!! I'm so excited. This is the FIRST time I've received all my exchange blocks.

And Holly, I love that setting. Mind if I copy?

I would be honored :D

Actually I found it here http://pamkittymorning.blogspot.com/ in the entry for may 21st (8th picture down) so I can't really take credit for it.

Here's the actual vendor's blog http://www.perkinsdrygoods.com/blog/

Bonnie, yes it's a quilters cotton. I don't remember the manufacturer. I bought it a few years ago. I don't think both pieces are from the same company though. The green is a looser weave than the pink. If I were to go looking for some I would probably get Kona cotton solids. Here's some. http://www.hancocks-paducah.com/ItemList--Robert-Kaufman-Fabrics-Kona-Cotton-Solids--m-1755

Now that I think about it, I saw something similar at Grandma's Attic in Dallas, Oregon. They have a lot of reproduction fabrics, 30's etc. And there were some solids in red, green, etc. Sew Oregon shop hop is coming up the end of June. Maybe I'll find it then.

Thanks for the information.

I am still waiting to hear from about 5-6 people to make sure that they got their blocks from me. I don't have my list in front of me but I think a couple were going to California, some to the mid-west, maybe one to Texas. They were mailed directly from the post office on the 19th or 20th so they should have arrived by now. Please let me know if they haven't arrived by the end of this week, for who ever is due a block from me.

I am still expecting one block but I think it is enroute.

I am planning on setting mine with alternating plain muslin blocks so that I can use my new Circle Lord that I purchased at MQX. It's still in the box, how sad is that.

Dianne

Archived