Do you all remember this one???

Originally posted by ffq-lar

How long did the "pity phase" last before your sweet DH caught on?:P

Shhh....he still is doing dishes :D

Okay, really, I go to the plastic surgeon every 2 weeks and today is the day. It feels different...like better, but I don't like to look at it. They have never really cleaned it up so it is still icky.

I have about 3 rows of Baptist Fans to go till I'm done with this quilt. I have spent way, way too much time trying to fix this quilter's problems so I took darts in the outer borders where needed. I know all of the really good machine quilters out there are cringing, but there was really nothing to do short of taking the entire top apart and starting all over.

I'll post pics in a bit.

Hey MB, keep workin' that finger and physical therapy and stay out of doing housework as much as possible!

I remember this quilt... yes I remember it! You are too funny...:D

I just quilted a customer quilt. She said it's a very special quilt for her grand daughter's high school graduation. Yes, it is a very pretty quilt, but this so-called "very special" quilt had lots of B and C cups. And when I was quilting it (thankfully freehand leaves and swirls) I was able to "WORK AROUND" the puckers and only got a few teeny tiny pinched creases quilted into it. You can barely notice, but they are there.... and her border piecing is biased triangles and they were all crooked and not lined up... Now, as I was going along I told myself that if this lady made this very special quilt for her very special grand daughter she would have done a better job on squaring her blocks.

PS: The quilt turned out really pretty. I think she will be pleased.

OK enough whining from me...

Okay...then let me whine some more :D:P:D

When I first started to load this quilt the back was 3 widths of fabric...way, way too much. I thought I measured correctly, but you all know how I am with numbers :D I took one section off so I would be rolling the backing on forever. I am to the very last row, and the backing is 2" too short :o:mad::( Blast-Blast - My mathmatical brain :P:D I'm going to unload now....I'll be back.

The silly girl decided she didn't need it anymore so she tried to chop it off while cutting up some onions, but half way though she decided it hurt to much, and stopped just in time.....several stiches and a huge pink roll of tape later.

Have you gotten the stitches out yet, and how are the nerves healing?????

:P LOL! Mary Beth. You & Me we are so much the same. I had a quilt recently (new customer) that gave me a quilt via a 2nd party person and when I got it I measured and yes, it would fit but barely...well wouldn't you know when I got to the end I was short like 1/2 " on the back. Arrrgh!! :mad: I barely eeked that one but I made it with a little tenacity and grit.

I hate math.

Sorry Mary Beth, I thought they had taken a couple in the tip...oops my mistake. So the story has been ammended...no stitches. On the whole how is it doing...are you getting better with it...are there any nerve damage....and yeah I would milk the Dishes thing to if I could, but truly how are you doing?

I'm getting ready to go ot the doctor now. I will let you know later how it is .....The doctor put a "patch" on the wound that looked like gauze soaked in a petrolium product - I'm thinking like Neosporum. This patch is suppose to harden and then we trim it off like a finger nail, as the real nail grows out. Well....last week my big pink bandages became loose and the whole thing flew across the room....patch and all. Of course I was home alone and had to dress it myself and all the while trying not to look at it :D

Okay, no damage to the nerves. I am down to a bandaid, however I have had that huge pink thing on for so long that my finger is numb so I can't feel the keyboard when I type....I have learned to hold it up when I type...looks wierd, but I'm not sure I will ever be able to teach myself to type the correct way now.

Back to the quilt. Today is my 15th wedding anniversary - and they said it wouldn't last :P DH is taking me out to dinner....then we are picking up his mother at the airport - wooohooo...:o

Archived