i need some help (it's finished!)

i'm making a baby quilt for a friend and i decided to raid my stash and make an alphabet quilt. i have fabrics for all the letters except 'Y' and 'U'. is there someone out there that has a 5 1/2" square of fabric that would go in this quilt?

i have exhausted my LQSes and couldn't find anything.

it's for a little boy. i have a unicorn fabric, but it's purples and pinks. and if i have to i'll use yellow fabric for the 'Y'

i will trade fabric for this. thanks. and did i mention i have to have this done by this saturday for the shower...*sigh*

post--13461901491837_thumb.jpg

Shannon,

Could you use printable fabric and make your own custom squares? Make a unicorn in the proper colors, using computer clip art, and maybe "years" for Y - just put a bunch of colored "years" in different fonts - 2001, 2002, 2010, etc.

That might get 'er done faster than waiting for fabric to arrive, assuming you (or your LQS) have printable fabric on hand.

I'll go search my stash for anything else I can come up with.

If all else fails I could embroider some umbrellas on a block for you and maybe a yellow crayon.

Just let me know if you need them. I could mail them tomorrow. or if you or someone you know has emb. machine you could do them down there and save time.

Here is my number 618-534.9652

PamH

i made a "Quilter's Alphabet" quilt about 5 years ago. i took me 9 years to collect the fabric. i haven't quilted the top yet i'll post that one day when it finds it's way to my machine. so i have quite the collection of novelty fabrics. i still collect them for baby quilts. i had umbrella fabric, but i'm sure that i let someone have it that was doing the same thing....also i had plans of doing an I-spy quilt so i justified the novelty obsession.

i even have what i call 'double whammies'. i have Ballerina Bears and i have Musical Mice (they're playing instruments) i always got weird looks when i found an odd one. like J i found a fabric with jockeys on it! but the hard ones to find were K, I, and J.

it's the onbscure things in life that amuse me... :)

I have a friend who is coming over today. She has collected about a hundred different fabrics to make I Spy quilts with. I don't know if we could pull it off and have it get to you way over in Georgia before this weekend. Good Luck. There are some great ideas on here. I like the idea of YOU, a baby face. and printing your own fabric sounds interesting--for just a 5 inch square, I'd try that.

Can't wait to see it.

see, quilters REALLY are the greatest kind of people!

okay-i have 'U' taken care of.

kim- that yo-yo is great....but i like the yarn. i sent you a U2U.

i honestly wish i could give everyone a GREAT BIG

((((((((((((((((((HUG))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

maybe i'll make it to MQS one day and meet everyone here. thanks!!!!

Archived