Looking for input on Pam Clarke....

Good morning...

I was just reading a recommendation on trying Pam Clarke's stencils so I went on her web-site. So much to look at! I was wondering if any of you have tried her products and what would you recommend to start. I was thinking of one of the stencil/book combos...maybe the "curved square"? Love to hear your input on this....thanks....

Sandra

Sandra - Hi , I took a Pam Clarke class 4 years ago. Her classes

are great if you get to MQS, she always has these freebee demos

that are wonderful.

I bought her Basic 8 for chalking a block. I also

bought her Grid lines for dividing up a sashing or border so everything is the same size.

I still use these 2 things regularly just to keep my proportions correct.

I also like her Design With Lines workbook, lots of examples and stitch sequence.

It is a beginner-intermediate book and worth the $.

Hi Sandra,

I just took 2 of her classes at MQX. She's a great teacher and I have used her stencils for several years. I like just marking the lines to divide up a block or border, then freehanding the designs. Sometimes I have to stop and think of where to start so I can make it into a block and back out all in one continuous line. :D I really like the stencils and her books.

Ok...the radiating lines ~ is that the "basic 8" and I'm curious about the grid you are talking about to keep the spacing in a border even, but I can't seem to see it on her web-site....maybe I'll send her a quick email in the morning.

Thanks everyone!

• 6 months later...

I have had the pleasure of meeting Pam in person at her store in Spokane and at also took classes at Innovations with her last year.

You will not go wrong buying any of her products. She puts a great deal of effort into making products to help make quilting easier. I have her jumbo sized kit that included all of her videos and corresponding stensils and workbooks. If you purchase one of the kits you will have everything you need to practice the skills she teaches in the videos.

You will find yourself using her stensils for every custom top that you quilt as they will allow you to fit the motifs you want to use into the space that is provided in the quilt blocks. Try her techniques they are liberating.

Lisa ;)

I volunteered at MQS in 2008 and was a helper in one of her classes. As a result, I got to pick out any book/DVD she had. I love watching her work. So many ideas and great "tricks" to follow the piecing for designs. I've always wanted to make one of her samplers---stained glass style--but, alas, it's freehand, and you know me, I'm chicken! I'm not giving up, mind you, just delaying the project a while. I've used her theory to avoid bulky seams and intersections. If you have the opportunity, you won't be disappointed with her teaching.

Pam is the most generous teacher you'll ever meet! And if I could just bottle her energy, I'd be sitting on a beach somewhere sipping Pina Coladas! :D

I would recommend you start with Pam's Fearless Beginnings DVD, the 8 Line stencil, book and DVD. Using her methods, you can do custom quilting FAST and easy.

Ditto all of the above. I too have been to and talked to her in her shop in Spokane (a must if you're in the area) and she is such a giving person. I have the line and radiating stencils and use them. Also several of her DVD's. Great info and very good beginner to intermediate quilting info. ;)

Archived