NQR - American Idol

Okay, some of you are going to think I'm nuts...Adam is kind of Satin-like. The way he sang "Ring of Fire"....then last night there was something like flames in the background....he freaks me out!! :o I'm sure it is just not my style of music, but I'm glad to see I am not alone. Even the girls I work with are saying he creaps them out too :)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by JillFrazior

Dory...much to my surprise, Chuck, Julianne's beau got the boot last night on DWTS.

The cowboy, Ty held strong for 1 more week.

We haven't watched it yet so Dennis still doesn't know who got kicked off. Let's see..maybe I should bet him the dishes for a week, or laundry, or....the possibilities are endless, if I guess who it is. That's fair...right???:D

And, Bonnie, you're so right about Ty. He really is doing great!

I think putting him in the bottom two will keep him grounded. The save couldn't be used in the last three weeks.

I was surprised Allison was in the top two but she did do a great last night. I just don't think she'll win. If I was a voter my votes would be for Kris.

I don't see anything menacing about Adam, sorry to disagree:D but I think he's awesome. When he sung Ring of Fire, I didn't think it was like Satan, I thought it had an east-Indian flavour to it!

I agree that it's hard when there is more than one that you really like! Luckily, it really doesn't matter...the top few will have their big chance to make it in the music world. One of our most successful Cdn Idol winners is in a group now called Hedley and he didn't even make the top two!

I think it's kind of funny when we judge on looks, ie: fingernail polish, piercings, etc....because I'm sure that when we were young our parents were horrified at some of the fashion statements that went on!!! haha.....just as I'm sure that our grandparents were taken aback by their kids too (oooh, the dreaded elvis presley:P)

I'm pretty straight-laced but I wonder now what my mom thought of all the Kiss posters on my walls when I was 17!

Ok, Matt is gone and I really felt he was the one who should go. Do you believe that Matt and Adam had the lowest votes? If so, maybe Adam doesn't have it wrapped up. I'm 100 percent for Danny. Taylor Hicks sang last night, ugh, and to think I voted for him years back. Anyway, since you all brought it up, who's your favorite on DWTS. I'm really divided on that one. I was surprized that Julie and Chuck got voted off but someone had to go and I think people like the shy rodeo guy.

Sandra,

I was just stating an opinion...I know everyone has one :) That's what makes the world go 'round. My observation was not so much the fingernails, etc....I try not to judge people on their appearance because I know they are trying to "express themselves" - hey I was a child in the '60's. that statement has been a part of everyone's vocabulary since then...that's okay. I just hate the way he has a wicked look in his eyes when he looks at the camera...etc. I know that is "theatrical" crap...it's just not for me....that's all. He has a fantastic voice and I know he is on his way to the top...no doubt about it.

I don't think Adam had the lowest votes, but maybe he did, maybe there are more people out there besides the few of us who have stated we don't care much for him, time will tell!!

You're right about everyone having an opinion, Mary Beth, and that's what makes the show good! It makes for good tv when you think someone has it in the bag, and then you realize that there are lots of people who like lots of different things! Maybe that will explain country music??? haha, couldn't help myself...have to admit I'm an old rock-and-roller!!!

I'm really torn. I've loved Danny since the beginning..I think his story really pulled at my heartstrings. And, I love anyone who can pull in that husky quality in their music. Then, there cutey-Kris sneaking his way to the top with awesome performances, too! Then, Adam who gives me chills with some of the notes he hits! I like Allison, too, but don't know if she's quite as ready as the boys. Oh, I'm so confused...maybe it's a good think that I can't vote, I get to sit by and see how it all plays out!

MaryBeth I'm with you on Adam. I hated what he did to "Ring of Fire!" That song played in my house when I was a child. It was one of my father's favorites and I'm sure dad was rolling over in his grave. I've never really been an Adam fan but I acknowledge he can sing, I just don't prefer it. I thought he went way over the top this week and that was why he was in the bottom 2. I think Matt was the right one to go home though. My two favorites are Alison & Danny. I think Alison grows with each performance. Remember that Carrie Underwood did the same thing and look at what she has done! No idea how Taylor Hicks or Ruman Studdard (sp?) ever won! I will have to say that my abosolute least favorite AI performer was Sanjia! I wanted to cry for him when he performed.

I haven't ever really watched that one. I need a television in my studio so I can watch what I want. DH hates those dancing shows...I have to gag him so I can watch Dancing with the Stars. If I tear up....you just don't want to know what he has to say about that!! :D:P And I tear up often in these shows!!

I missed the last Grey's Anatomy...so I am thinking I need to break myself of watching so much televison...

Sandra dear, don't take offense to my opinion please. It's his "screaming" that I dislike most of all. If you knew me, you would know that the appearance of piercing, tattoo's, fingernail polish, etc. does NOT make my opinion of someone.

My daughter is a hairdresser/cosmotologist, and there are times she has some pretty cool color in her hair. My SIL just got his lip pierced below his bottom lip. Did I cringe? YES. Do I like it personally? NO. But, do I love him just the same? YES.

I have a very good friend who is GAY. Does that bother me? NO!

I did not intend to upset anyone by my comments, they were just that. My comments.

My apologies if I did so.

Hey, Sheri....don't worry, I'm not upset!:cool: The hard part of conversing on the forum is not always being able to really get your opinion across in the way that is meant. My comments are just conversational and not meant to sound like my feelings are hurt or anything! One of my new mottos in the last couple of years..."just because it's not my way, doesn't mean it is wrong!" Realizing this has been very free-ing to the soul!

Anyhoo...it'll be exciting to see how the next couple of weeks turns out on Idol, and it's going to be soooo hard to see any of them go.

WOW, so you think you can dance is back already. I actually watched it last year. I remember Chelsey (the cowboys partner on DWTS) when she was competeing on that show.

Even though she didn't win, she landed a great job and I enjoy watching her. She must be a great instructor also, just look at what she's done with a rodeo star!!!:cool: I do watch TV while quilting or maybe that should read, listen while quilting.

Originally posted by Mary Beth

Oh, and to add to that...now...I don't drink, smoke, chew, I have stopped drinking coffee and have limited my chocolate intake....now television!!! What's next....food?!!

Mary Beth, give up coffee, OMG I wouldn't be able to function. Chocolate I can give or take (I know that offends some;)) but coffee is a must have.

ok... i'm a reality show addict so i have to add my 2cents worth... might turn out to be 25cents by the time i'm done...

AI: i love adam... i love his scream (he has such control of his voice).. i loved ring of fire and my favorite was 'mad world'--a song i had never heard before... i like how adam wasn't afraid to change his look and i love his confidence on the stage--altho i agree with whoever said that his being in the bottom two last week should make him realize that he's not a 'shoo in'... i would buy his album... and i LOVE danny... he was getting to be pretty much the same but last week he rocked it! i would buy his album... i think allison sounds the same every week... and chris sounds like every other singer out there... i hate how simon says mean things to those kids and hope they don't have the 'sing for your life' feature next year... that was humiliating imho...

DWTS: i love ty... i think he emulates what that show should be about... take a non-dancer and teach him how to dance... he tries so hard.. and that's what i liked about steve-o (altho now he's reverted back to being a J*ck*ss)...

SYTYCD: altho i love adam's control of his scream, i can't stand to hear mary whats her name scream so i stopped watching that show last season...

so... that's my opinions--if you disagree, that's ok... i can take it... i wasn't for obama during the campaign and i still think michelle has a horrible stylist!! (i'm only now mending my relationships with my family members since the election--ha!)

Archived