NQR - American Idol

Okay, because a couple of us got onto the American Idol (AI) subject on another topic I thought I'd start a new one. The season only has a couple weeks to go so thought it would be interesting to hear who you're rooting for.

I think either Allison or Matt will be going home tonight. Both have very promising singing careers in their future but the other three guys are better (IMHO). Its a hard choice for me as to which of the other three will be our "next AI". I love Adams voice but both Kris and Danny have awesome singing voices too. I enjoy listening to all of them. Of the three I would have a hard time picking between Adam and Kris for #1. I could listen to Adams Mad World song a few times a day, his Ring of Fire version was scary.

What's your deep thoughts on the subject?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jolene!

I think it will be Matt - I was completely surprised that Simon gave him a good comment as he really seemed tooo nervous last night... It's as if he knew he's done.

I Thought Allison was perfect! She sang the heck out of that song and she looked adorable. So I was also surprised that Simon was down on her. I wonder sometimes if he tries to manipulate the vote by saying those things....

I loved Kris, he's adorable and sings very well... So does Danny. I've always thought the top 3 would be Adam, Allison, and Danny.

BTW - I was on my feet when Adam sang Ring of Fire! I thought it was brilliant! Yeah, it was really different, but WOW! He is not only talented with that incredibly versatile voice, but he's sooo creative with the arragngements!

Wow, what a season!

I was surprised when Simon gave Allison critism and thought Matt was good...I think he had them mixed up and I said the same thing as Bobbi...is he trying to manipulate the vote!

I agree that Kris is a dark horse. I love Danny. Adam, though, is in a whole other realm!!! I get chills when he sings. Last night was awesome. And I thought Ring of Fire was brilliant. I'd love to hear him sing a Steven Tyler song!

My top three will be Adam, Danny and Kris.

I agree with all of you! I think Adam is out of the ballpark with his talent!!!! His song choices have always been right on.

Mad World? I have it on my iPod and play it over and over. I wish he would record the entire song..... I love it! :cool:

Matt is my least favorite. I don't think he has as strong of a voice as the others. Allison next. She is good and for being so young, she is amazing!

Kris and Danny and Adam could all be #1. They are excellent.

So much talent among this group...... it's going to be an interesting final!

My top two - Adam and Danny. Danny is a doll and his heart shows in every show. Adam has been humble and grateful when they tell him how good he's been - you can see how hard he works for every show (as do the others but Adam is in a category all by himself). I keep telling my hubby that he's "scary good" a true innate talent.

OK so I'm with Bobbi too. I thought Allison did a smoking job last night and I was shocked by Simon's comments. I think she has a real career ahead of her. I think they just don't want somebody so young to win. I love Danny too. Adam - well sometimes I really like his performances and sometimes I cringe! He is creative and over the top and he can sing but I'm not at all into that screechy screamy voice for all songs. I am glad he stopped wearing his hair on the side and covering his eyes. I hated that. LOL my daughter gives me a hard time but I think when you look at somebody you should be able to see their eyes! I do think though that the top two will be Danny & Adam. I think Matt will go home and then Chris. I think Allison is better than both of them.

Ok this is my personal feeling.

I think Danny, Kris and Adam will be the final 3.

Personally....I cant stand Adam. I think he's a freak, and i'm tired of him "screaming" his high pitch in every song. He needs to lose the black fingernail polish. And I think that Randy Jackson is right when he's said on more than one occasion: I think your a bit too theatrical.

2. LOVE Danny Goke and Kris Allen.

3.I think Allison's had the best female voice this year and she deserves to have a producer/promoter pick her up a.s.a.p when she exit's the show.

4. I think Matt's going home tonite.

I love, love, love Danny!! I think Adam is going to win...but I don't like him....I shouldn't say that...he seem very genuine and humble...but I hate the way he screams the songs and he totally screwed up "Ring of Fire"...oh my gosh....Johnny rolled over in his grave that night!!

I didn't get to watch idol last night, I've been wrapped up in the "Biggest Loser". However, I do follow AI. I also love, love, love Danny, with me he's got talent and a personality that make you really feel the songs. I think Adam will win because the young folks love him and his freakyness (if that's a word). He can sing and will do well even if there's a chance he comes in second. Look how many non-winners have gone on to be the greatest "winners" in the end. How many actual winners can you name, when's the last time you heard of "Taylor Hicks", I bought his first CD and thought it was terrible, even though I liked him on the show.:cool:

I believe Danny will win. Not only does he have the talent and range, but the story to go with it. Adam does not fit the Idol bill. I think his past as a freak show will hurt him.

I am voting for Susan Boyle, oh that's another show lol. I never like Taylor Hicks. I think he is on tonight's show.

Well thank God there are others that feel like me. I almost croaked when I heard Adam sing Ring of Fire. I had to mute the darn thing.:(:(:( He is quite a showman, but in the actual SINGING part of the show, he tends to overdo everything. I have to wonder what his songs will be like when he isn't singing someone else's work.

I don't think the judges should have used their one save on Matt. He needed to go home right then and there. They needed to save it for the top three. Allison rocks. That girl can sing!! She needs to reach out to the audience more instead of being so shy but she has the vocals. Danny and Kris--well they rock too. Amazing vocals. I personally think the producers have already chosen Adam and are slanting his performances and the voting towards him. HAve you ever noticed the over the top lighting, musical back up, etc they give Adam? I thought the judges were out of line to give him a standing ovation on two shows.

I did not watch last night cuz I cannot stand the brat pack era. When I hear Frank Sinatra I run screaming into the night. Standing outside the Bellagio in LV in January, they were playing The Lady is a Tramp or whatever the name is, I had to leave. Not my type of music at all. Give me Rock and Roll any day. Alicia Keys. Norah Jones. Backstreet Boys. Carrie Underwood. Anything country. Little Big Town.

Simon says this is his last year. I say OK!!!!:P:P:P:P

Ok. I am done.:D:D:D:D:D

As much as I don't like Simon...he and I agree a lot...which makes me mad :P:D I guess the difference is, I'm not nasty and I don't say terrible things to people. But I agree with most of the things he says. And he seems to sway the audience. When the votes come in, usually whatever Simon says....goes.

Yes, I agree Adam is a strange cookie...not really my kind of music. I love Michael Buble' so was excited to see if anyone would sing something he has done. So I sometimes like Rat Pack music. Allison does have a future in music, there is no doubt. And in time she is going to come out of that "shyness", it that is what it is...I haven't decided that she is shy....or just not cultured enough for the Hollywood sceene. Whatever, I hope she doesn't win this....She will still go on to bigger and better things and she should.

I just love Danny....he seems so nice, normal and genuine...plus he can really sing!!

And I watch Dancing with the Stars too.

I actually think Allison is going home. The public just doesn't like her for some reason. They've voted her in the bottom three too many times. Sorry, but I'm an Adam lover! I think he's fantastic! He really reminds me of Steven Tyler. The way he can hold those notes is incredible. My second fave is Danny:) To me, he's just not as creative in his arrangements as Adam is.

Originally posted by Bonnie

See what you miss when you only watch "Dancing With The Stars".....guess I need to tune in....

Me, too. I've never seen AI, except for the one with the lady on You Tube that was incredible. I love DWTS, but we always tape it to avoid the HOURS of commercials. We missed last night's, but I'm guessing the cowboy got booted off the island.

I've thought from day one that Danny would be the "Idol " this year, however, Adam has him in his sites as they say. From day one Danny has been the same in each and every show. He has never really grown or changed. But then Carrie Underwood did that her season too. Adam came in and no one really even noticed who he was til a few weeks into the show. I'm sort of torn between the two of them, and not sure who will win, sort of like last year with David and David. When it gets to that point it really doesn't matter who gets the final title, its the record I will buy that matters to me. Who knows maybe Kris will be the Trojan Horse and pull off the big one. Who goes tonight? I'm thinking Allison. I think Matt sucked last nite and should be, but they saved him and they will want to keep him to prove a point,.

I was afraid Danny was getting stale and wouldn't get much farther...and I'm a Danny fan from the get go. But something clicked last night that makes me believe again that he can make it to the finals. Love Kris. I just hate it when there are more than 1 that I'd like to see win.

Love Adam's voice, but there's just something about him and his style that remind me of some uncomfortable teen years...like during Black Sabbath era...don't know what, but just can't get past it.

We'll see who actually goes down...I'm hoping it's Matt...but it is just as likely to be Allison.

Anita

Archived