Mary Beth - Happy day!

Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!!

Yep...this was the BIG ONE!! 5-0!!!

DH rented a Mitsubishi Eclipse Spider - bright yellow and black, convertible for me to drive for 2 days...I had too much fun!! We drove to my parents so I could celebrate my birthday with my dad for Father's day. I was born on Father's day so I tell him I'm the gift that keeps on giving! Anyway...We sang at the top of our lungs driving down there and back...and when we arrived at my parents house, the yard was filled with family and friends - DH, DD, DS, and my Mom had all planned a surprise party for me. It was a whole lot of fun with good food, family and friends.

Thank you all again for the "Happy Birthday" wishes...and yes, Bonnie...it was much less painful than I thought...except for the sunburn I got from the convertible :D Oh, and I found out I'm not cool enough for a car like that....on the way home, I got sunscreen in my eyes and had to let DH drive the rest of the way :D:P:cool:

Originally posted by Mary Beth Oh, and I found out I'm not cool enough for a car like that....on the way home, I got sunscreen in my eyes and had to let DH drive the rest of the way :D:P:cool:

You could have pulled this off you know - you shold have pulled over with tears in your eye (only you knew it was the sunscreen) and told your DH (who is awesome renting this car for you by the way) "After such a fabulous day the emotions have gotten to you"

OR "After all you've done for me today, please have your thrill behind the wheel of this wonderful machine (still talking the car here".:cool:

Guest Linda S

What a wonderful day for a birthday! The Summer Equinox. I hope it was a great day Mary Beth!

50 is the new 30 you know. Don't sweat it. And remember, when you're feeling old -- I've got 5 years on you! ;)

Linda

Mary Beth happy belated birthday. It sounds like you had a marvelous time. what fun and what a gem of a husband to give you such a gift. Hope you have a laughter filled 50th year. they only get better from here on out.

Yep...I think I'm going to keep him ;) You know.....if we take a trip and he get sleepy while driving, I offer and he quickly relpies that he is not that tired!! So I was shocked when I asked him in a very pitiful voice if he wanted to drive and he said, "No, it's your birthday present!" He didn't look nervous, he didn't have white knuckles...and we only had to go back once and get his hat :P:cool:

Originally posted by Mary Beth

Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!!

Yep...this was the BIG ONE!! 5-0!!!

DH rented a Mitsubishi Eclipse Spider - bright yellow and black, convertible for me to drive for 2 days.........

OK Girly, well in order for Mr. Rod to top this nice surprise bd gift, for the big 5-1 he needs to actually BUY you that car. So... start hinting now so he has a year to save his pennies and insurance coverage lolol. :cool:

Originally posted by quiltmonkey

[OK Girly, well in order for Mr. Rod to top this nice surprise bd gift, for the big 5-1 he needs to actually BUY you that car. So... start hinting now so he has a year to save his pennies and insurance coverage lolol. :cool:

Someone said that is was a cool gift, but he should have had a big bow on it...I said, "he knew better. I would have thought it was mine and I would not have let him take it back." :D:P

Archived