FINALLY FINISHED

Yeah! You gave me some ideas for a Drunkard's Path that I have in the closet. I made it out of scraps as a demo quilt for a class I was teaching. (Students wanted to do curves, but easy ones....) I haven't quilted it because nothing came to me, so I just put it away for a while. Thanks for posting! I think you did a great job!:)

Your quilting looks great to me! I like that Drunkard's Path setting. Don't think I've seen it before. One of my very first small quilts was using plastic templates to cut the DP. I've never finished it. Now because of your inspiration, I may get it out and try some of your techniques. Thanks for sharing.:D

Thank you all so much for your encouraging words. This quilt will be a gift to a long time friend who has let me know how long we have been friends and that she does not have one of my quilts yet. LOL I kept telling her I had one for her just had not been quilted. So after almost 5 years since the top minus the borders I finally have finished it and she will get it next week. I am going with my guild tomorrow thru Sunday to a wonderful Beach retreat our guild has at Camp ST. Christopher right down to the end of Sea Brook Island on the ocean. A beautiful spot for quilting and walking on the beach, swimming, sitting out on a deck in rocking chairs or whatever we want to do. We bring our own projects to work on and have wonderful meals, fellowship and lot of quilting fun,fun, fun. I will be adding the binding and label and one more UFO bites the dust!!

Jeanne I really like the layout of your drunkards path. The quilting is great, really compliments the quilt. With the back looking like a wholecloth quilt, it's like having two quilts in one. Great Job!!!

Sylvia

I did use Linda's crosshatch rulers and I loved how they were so easy to use. I put a piece of 1/4 inch quilting tape as a mark for the spacing, did not have to mark the quilt at all for the crosshatching. I did such a large area that I had to roll the quilt three times to do that whole area. I had a few problems with the lines not spacing out quite like I would like, but was able to fix it pretty much. Because my background fabric changed and had seams it looks like I was off with the crosshatching, but it was more problem of the piecing of the different backgrounds that you see. I think doing smaller blocks would be much easier, but you know me I always have to do the hardest things the first time out! LOL

Archived