Christmas quilt with ribbon candy and Spirographs

Thought I would share a few pictures of my first attempt with the new Quiltazoid. The instruction manual and DVD that came with were very informational. The pieces are very sturdy and well constructed.

When used properly the spirograph lines match up perfectly--that's what I was trying to show in this picture.

There are numerous patterns that can be made--and I would like to experiment with all the gears and see what else I can come up with that might not be in the book.

post--13461902151062_thumb.jpg

and a wreath. This was also the first time I tried ribbon candy--and it was really fun and easy to do--will do more in the future. I dont' think I took a picture of the whole thing--but it was 42 blocks and some borders--so I gave myself a lot of practice with my new gadget!!

post--13461902151788_thumb.jpg

One more thing I thought of--my Freedom is nonSR--so I am still learning where to speed up--like around corners and where to slow down--like on the straight aways--I think this would work really great with a SR machine. Someday--I might like a computer with on my Freedom--but for now this will have to do.

Hi all--thanks for all the kind words--this new gadget is really fun to work with--and I hope to try out some of the templates that work from the front this week sometime!!

Vickie--the ribbon candy was freehand--really relaxing to do once you figure out the motions.

Merry Jo--I posted a couple other pics on the post you started about wanting feedback.

I have a few more pictures of another quilt--but they are on my camera and my DH has that fishing in Canada for a few days--so by this weekend will have some more pictures for you.

I am actually headed out to the studio to try some more things with my new gadget!!

Hoping to try the templates this week yet--will let you know how that turns out!!

Archived