My New Circle Lord Filing System

Here are some pictures of my new Circle Lord Filing System. I love it. I no longer have to store my templates on top of each other. This has been so helpful and it protects my investment.

Ken made this filing system for me. It has 8 slots and each slot will hold two to three sets of giant king templates. So it is large enough to store 16 to 24 king size templates. Of course some of the slots could be used for short templatles as well.

The Filing System fits nicely under the longarm; it has heavy duty casters so it rolls nicely, and has handles on all four sides. It's very sturdy, a piece of furniture, made from real wood. The dividers are luaun plywood. The hardware is very good hardware.

I asked Ken if he would be willing to make more and what his charges would be. He said he would make another like this one for $700. Or he would make one half the size, with 4 slots, for $500 (would hold 8 to 12 sets of king templates). These costs do not include shipping, which would be paid by the buyer. And half the cost would be required up front....for materials.

One of the reasons the cost is so high is that some of the templates are 48" long, which means the box has to be a little wider. The luaun plywood comes 4' x 8' so there is some waste, because he has to use the length vs. the width.

Ken also said he could provide a pattern for $25 in case you know a very talented woodworker.

If you have any questions, you can contact Ken at ssansbur@vt.edu

post--13461902170209_thumb.jpg

Georgene....that new storage box for your CL items is really slick. I used to stand mine up against a wall but now I'm laying them down on the floor beneath my machine table...

Your a very lucky girl to have such a good friend build you a very top notch storage unit.....;);)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived